53) Roger Rosengarten RT
67) Jonah Elliss DE 
100) Cade Stover TE
139) Austin Booker DE
161) Jarrett Kingston LG
222) Cornelius Johnson WR

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I think they will see what they have in Lucas, Scott & Coleman before signing another vet FA. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's what they'll do. If neither Lucas, Scott nor Coleman look like they should be our starting LT in July/August then I think they'll sign David B, Donovan Smith or preferably Humphries.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think they will see what they have in Lucas, Scott & Coleman before signing another vet FA. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's what they'll do. If neither Lucas, Scott nor Coleman look like they should be our starting LT in July/August then I think they'll sign David B, Donovan Smith or preferably Humphries.

Andrus Peat is available as well. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 7:14 AM, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Andrus Peat is available as well. 

I think he's also coming back from an injury, and didn't play guard for several years in a row in NO? I'm not sure how better the FAs who are available than what we currently have in Lucas, Wylie, Scott, Coleman & maybe Daniels??

But I guess it doesn’t hurt to do a workout with some of these guys at some point if they don't like what they see from Lucas, Coleman, Wylie, Daniels & Scott.

I really don’t expect us to do workouts though for OTs until June or later. The guys they already have are going to have to look bad in practice IMO for them to sign another vet FA.

Edited by turtle28

Posted (edited)

Starting with Lucas and Coleman at LT. 

I guess they will see how things progress through camp. Hopefully everything thing goes well and if not, here are the choices. 
Donovan Smith

David Bakhtiari (if he’s healthy enough)

Duane Brown

DJ Humphries

Andrus Peat

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 12:23 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

I guess they will see how things progress through camp. Hopefully everything thing goes well and if not, here are the choices. 

Donovan Smith

Duane Brown

Only free agents listed at LT. 

Also Charles Leno, it’s not likely Leno would be re-signed but it's possible. It's not a very good list at all. My guess is the guys we have are the guys we’ll be starting the season with.

DJ Humphries is the one I'd lean towards. He tore his ACL late last year for the Cardinals. He played for Kingsbury in AZ & if he shows his rehab is going well in a few months then he's the one I’d sign, bc even if he misses September, he'd be ready at some point in October you'd think and he was a very good LT before his ACL injury plus he knows Kingsbury’s system.

Donovan Smith may or may not be an upgrade over Lucas, but I tend to think Lucas may actually be better and at worse it's a push.

Duane Brown will be 39 when the season starts. I'd rather not go that route.

I really don't want to go down the David B road either bc he can't stay healthy but an upgrade is an upgrade, even if it's not for an entire season.

My guess is that if David B plays again, it will be for the Jets to play with Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by turtle28

54 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Donovan Smith

Duane Brown

Only free agents listed at LT. 

I think health might be the question mark with Smith.

• Like 1

The Patriots had two known suitors for the third overall pick in the draft: the Giants and Vikings. The Commanders had one for the second overall pick.

“I think you’d be surprised, really, in terms of the offers,” G.M. Adam Peters said Thursday on BIG 100.3 in Washington, via Bryan Manning of USA Today. “We got, really one solid offer and didn’t even move the needle. It would have taken — it had to move mountains to get us off Jayden [Daniels].”

No specifics were identified, as to the team or the offer. The Raiders were believed to be interested in making the move to No. 2, and the Vikings were generally interested in moving up.

Via John Keim of ESPN.com, J.J. McCarthy was the second choice behind Daniels. If they had traded down with the Vikings, the Commanders still would have had a shot at McCarthy. If they had traded down with the Raiders, they would have had to trade up to snag McCarthy.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/commanders-got-one-solid-offer-that-didnt-even-move-needle-for-second-pick

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

The Patriots had two known suitors for the third overall pick in the draft: the Giants and Vikings. The Commanders had one for the second overall pick.

“I think you’d be surprised, really, in terms of the offers,” G.M. Adam Peters said Thursday on BIG 100.3 in Washington, via Bryan Manning of USA Today. “We got, really one solid offer and didn’t even move the needle. It would have taken — it had to move mountains to get us off Jayden [Daniels].”

No specifics were identified, as to the team or the offer. The Raiders were believed to be interested in making the move to No. 2, and the Vikings were generally interested in moving up.

Via John Keim of ESPN.com, J.J. McCarthy was the second choice behind Daniels. If they had traded down with the Vikings, the Commanders still would have had a shot at McCarthy. If they had traded down with the Raiders, they would have had to trade up to snag McCarthy.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/commanders-got-one-solid-offer-that-didnt-even-move-needle-for-second-pick

I don’t understand the McCarthy love and never will. To me he tops out as a mid QB. I’d compare him to Alex Smith as a prospect. Who, I could NOT believe went #1 overall in 2005! I understand Aaron Rodgers is an arse but him not going #1 will be one of biggest mistakes the 49ers ever made in the draft on top of passing on Patrick Mahomes with a bunch of other teams.