Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

8 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I don't know, but if that means he was better than Payne's breakout sack season, I'd have to disagree. Also if they are angling for getting a 3rd round Comp. pick for Kam Curl, I have no issue letting him walk. 

I don’t think Curl will get paid enough to get that high of a pick 

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Not only that but we basically have to not improve out team to get a third for him. 

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Looking at the projected Comp. Picks from last year, you might be right. A third might be too rich. It could be around a 4th though.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks

Spotrac has him being projected for $14.4 million per year. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-commanders/kamren-curl-47814/market-value/

Edited by taylor made

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

Looking at the projected Comp. Picks from last year, you might be right. A third might be too rich. It could be around a 4th though.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks

Spotrac has him being projected for $14.4 million per year. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-commanders/kamren-curl-47814/market-value/

There aren’t going to be many comp picks here because we have so many positions to fill out a roster. That said yes he’s our most likeliest to fetch a pick but I have to imagine we’re going to atleast sign one OL starter level FA that will erase his deal

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I really hope this group doesn't continue the tradition of bargain free agents. 

We have so many needs that it will most likely be this. I think the difference is the people in charge "have a plan" for specifically how they want to use who they sign. I do hope we make a big signing or two.

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

There aren’t going to be many comp picks here because we have so many positions to fill out a roster. That said yes he’s our most likeliest to fetch a pick but I have to imagine we’re going to atleast sign one OL starter level FA that will erase his deal

Comp picks aren't going to be a thing here for at least one rookie contract cycle (approx 4 years). No one wants the players on this roster and we have too many needs to be bystanders in each FA cycle. 

I like Kam Curl, but I have also said there is a price range and before last season, numbers were being thrown out that were too high IMO. If Kam priced himself out of Washington, so be it. If he signs elsewhere for a low/mid level deal, I'm definitely going to be disappointed. 

I have stated this many times however and it remains true, no one should be safe from the 32nd ranked defense. Every position and player should be evaluated and potentially upgraded. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

He’s a replacement level player who’s about to be overpaid 

I don’t think he’s replacement level. That’s extremely harsh on a pretty damn good player. 

20 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I like Kam Curl, but I have also said there is a price range and before last season, numbers were being thrown out that were too high IMO. If Kam priced himself out of Washington, so be it. If he signs elsewhere for a low/mid level deal, I'm definitely going to be disappointed. 

I have stated this many times however and it remains true, no one should be safe from the 32nd ranked defense. Every position and player should be evaluated and potentially upgraded. 

That’s an odd way of looking at it. They were being coached by a guy out of high school. The entire DB fell apart. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That’s an odd way of looking at it. They were being coached by a guy out of high school. The entire DB fell apart. 

You and I been beating the table all season for him to be resigned. No clue what the hold up was, but if it was money, and there is no doubt the price tag is higher now than it was then, a deal was likely never going to get done. If his price is over 12M/year, I'm probably walking away from the table. A 4-year deal worth about 44M with 20 GTD at signing would be fair IMO. That puts him at 12th most annually. 

41 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t think he’s replacement level. That’s extremely harsh on a pretty damn good player. 

If I talked about paying a Safety from another team that just does his job in coverage but makes absolutely no splash plays whatsoever you would call me crazy. You're overvaluing him just because he's a late round player that we selected that played ok. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If I talked about paying a Safety from another team that just does his job in coverage but makes absolutely no splash plays whatsoever you would call me crazy. You're overvaluing him just because he's a late round player that we selected that played ok. 

I mean, we haven't even had that. We allowed the most explosive plays in the NFL last year. I would be elated if we had a steady reliable defender. Curl is the closest thing to that in our secondary and while I see both of your points, I think you are selling Curl short for what he brings, but I fully agree that we shouldn't break the bank for him.

It's the same thing we went through with Scherff. Was he good? Sure. Was he worth what the Jags paid him? Absolutely not. He will likely be a cap casualty this offseason.