Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I count 6 total now. 

Dorance Armstrong, Cleland Ferrell, KJ Henry, Andre Jones, Joshua Pryor, Jalen Harris.

I wasn't counting on the last 3 come opening day. Not much to recommend there is it ?

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

I wasn't counting on the last 3 come opening day. Not much to recommend there is it ?

I guess the best thing they have going for them is cost and youth. 

I would be ecstatic if we added a playmaker like Hunter still. 

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think it probably tells us more about Howell than it does about Maye/Daniels.

How so, I'm just dense on the reasoning . Help me out ! Are you saying M M will beat out Sam ?

6 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

How so, I'm just dense on the reasoning . Help me out ! Are you saying M M will beat out Sam ?

By virtue of contract, Marcus is the bridge/mentor QB and Sam is, at best, 3rd string. 

12 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Yes, that’s what I think is going on.

And don’t get me wrong, I don’t think  Mariota is better than Howell…I just think they want a guy with a lot of experience and some veteran credentials to be the QB2 (who maybe starts at the beginning of the season if they don’t feel the rookie is ready to go). 

I think Howell is (and has been) on the trade block. I do understand the logic behind it — use FA money to bring in a veteran mentor, then trade Howell for draft capital to help build around the rookie. It’s disappointing that the best they could do was Mariota (but as you pointed out, not a ton of good options). 

I’m still looking at LAR as a trade option. They’ve got nothing behind Stafford, and moving one of their 3rds for Howell would allow them to bring in a young possible heir apparent without having to burn a 1st or 2nd. That would be a great situation to send Sam to, and it would give us the chance to grab another potential piece.

Edited by e16bball

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

I count 6 total now. 

Dorance Armstrong, Clelin Ferrell, KJ Henry, Andre Jones, Joshua Pryor, Jalen Harris.

*stupid autocorrect

I mean that's really like 3.5 DEs. Andre Jones is meh and the other two aren't worth mentioning. We probably need 2 more still. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean that's really like 3.5 DEs. Andre Jones is meh and the other two aren't worth mentioning. We probably need 2 more still. 

I guess we're not bringing back Toohill or JSW.. Both JAGS and not uars . 

Adam Schefter 

Free-agent Derrick Henry is signing a two-year, $16 million deal worth up to $20 million, including $9 million fully guaranteed in the first year with the Baltimore Ravens, sources tell ESPN.

The King now will play in the Queen City.

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

BREAKING: The teams that have looked at trading for QB Justin Fields want him as a backup, per Adam Schefter.

“The teams that are looking at him would be looking at him as a backup.”

😳

Not the most shocking news. If he ends up getting cut we should pick him up.