Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offseason-report-houston-texans-2023

If you take a look at the offseason for the Texans last year, it feels markedly similar to what we’re seeing this year. 

A team that knew it had serious talent problems across the roster making a lot of moves to simply raise the level of play. They brought in a lot of prime-aged players (Shaq Griffin, Dalton Schultz, Noah Brown, Devin Singletary), which you’d expect from a “rebuilding” team, but also a significant number of older veterans (Denzel Perryman, Jimmie Ward, Robert Woods).

Along with adding an intense new defense-oriented HC and a creative young OC, as well as dumping the individual most had pegged as the cause of their ongoing suffering (Snyder/Easterby), there are a lot of similarities between the two franchises and their approach to these offseasons.

And as we all know, the big key for them was passing on a QB and trading down from pick #2 to really build up their roster, which has set them up for long-term success! 😉

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Adam Schefter 

Former Bengals OT Jonah Williams is signing a two-year, $30 million deal that includes $19 million guaranteed with the Arizona Cardinals, per source.

Arizona, what are you thinking? 😂😂😂

I think this should tell us all we need to know about Humphries.  They ate 13 million to dump humphries and then paid williams a bunch on top of that.

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

And as we all know, the big key for them was passing on a QB and trading down from pick #2 to really build up their roster, which has set them up for long-term success! 

If only there was another Stroud in this draft and a Leremy Tunsil on this roster.

In all seriousness, we are a tackle (or two) away from completely reshaping the offensive line, which gives me hope that whoever is at QB can survive and gives them a better chance at being successful. I am far more optimistic that a young QB won't always be playing from behind and won't be running for his life constantly.

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

I think this should tell us all we need to know about Humphries.  They ate 13 million to dump humphries and then paid williams a bunch on top of that.

Humphries is hurt and won't be ready to start the season. I think that's the majority of it. 

I think it's still wild (and weirdly telling) that not many of our FAs have signed elsewhere.

Gibson, Charles, and Brissett. That's it. 

No Samuel, no Curl, no Leno, no Fuller, no Thomas, no Barton, no Lucas, etc. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think it's still wild (and weirdly telling) that not many of our FAs have signed elsewhere.

Yep. we love our guys much more than the rest of the League ! Curl I think thought he'd get like 4 years $40-50 million , $25 guaranteed. something wild .. 

58 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

probably because they aren’t looked at as very good players. I think our fans have seriously overrated Curl. 

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

probably because they aren’t looked at as very good players. I think our fans have seriously overrated Curl. 

I'll hold off until we see what he officially does, but yes, I think you're right. 

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Not going to lie, didn't expect this statement from you. That said, I agree.