Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Can I ask you why? I’ve been doing it this way for a while now. I can copy the link but it doesn’t open up.  

It's an offshoot of the forum rules.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/guidelines/

See bolded below. Generally if you copy and paste copyrighted material here without attribution (a link) it can be a violation of that person's IP (Intellectual Property). So best to include the link or the Tweet if you can do it. Usually for Tweets I just copy and paste it right into the post here.

Oh and some housecleaning related to the rules below --> @turtle28 - a further review of the rules, see the underlined part. Just to be on the safe side of Webby, please don't post stuff that is on your Twitter (or "X") profile. That could possibly be viewed as you "promoting" it. So if you retweeted something on your profile, don't post your tweet. Go to the actual tweet you referenced and post that here instead. But please don't post anything directly from your Twitter page/profile. Capische?

I value your insight and contribution to the forum and would hate to see you tripped up by that.

I hate being the bad guy but I just want to make sure none of you guys gets jammed up.

• Do not post anything abusive, obscene, racist, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs. 
    • Personal attacks, name calling, and threats to other members are not allowed. 
    • Do not flame or troll. This is when you start a topic or post just to anger or incite other members.  
    • Do not post copyrighted material. 
    • Do not promote (SPAM) other websites in your posts, signatures, or PMs.  You may not link to other forums or chat rooms for any reason.  Do not promote personal social media profiles.  
    • You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs. 
    • You are only allowed one username. Anyone caught with multiple usernames may receive a ban.  
    • Finally, this is a business and if you are doing anything which the webmaster deems 'bad for business' you will be asked to stop. If you choose to ignore the webmaster, you'll receive a ban. 

18 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

See bolded below. Generally if you copy and paste copyrighted material here without attribution (a link) it can be a violation of that person's IP (Intellectual Property). So best to include the link or the Tweet if you can do it. Usually for Tweets I just copy and paste it right into the post here.

Oh and some housecleaning related to the rules below --> @turtle28 - a further review of the rules, see the underlined part. Just to be on the safe side of Webby, please don't post stuff that is on your Twitter (or "X") profile. That could possibly be viewed as you "promoting" it. So if you retweeted something on your profile, don't post your tweet. Go to the actual tweet you referenced and post that here instead. But please don't post anything directly from your Twitter page/profile. Capische?

I value your insight and contribution to the forum and would hate to see you tripped up by that.

I hate being the bad guy but I just want to make sure none of you guys gets jammed up.

•  

I’m just going to copy the link and if you want to read my post you’ll have to open the link. No problem I was just trying to be helpful and making it easy for the people of the forum. 

• Like 1

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m just going to copy the link and if you want to read my post you’ll have to open the link. No problem I was just trying to be helpful and making it easy for the people of the forum. 

Either way works my friend. What I do it post the link and copy a bit of the article (and put it in the quotes/paragraph) that way people can see part of the article but can go to the link to see the rest. 

But what I would do it you don't want to do all that is to simply give like a one or two sentence summary and just post the link.

Don't want you jammed up so trying to keep you out of any possible trouble.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

•  

Got it

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Either way works my friend. What I do it post the link and copy a bit of the article (and put it in the quotes/paragraph) that way people can see part of the article but can go to the link to see the rest. 

But what I would do it you don't want to do all that is to simply give like a one or two sentence summary and just post the link.

Don't want you jammed up so trying to keep you out of any possible trouble.

I appreciate it. Thanks Thai. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If you are on X, go to Share Via “Safari” (or whatever browser it prompts) and it should take you to the actual webpage- which is still Twitter and not X- and if you copy and paste that link, it will appear directly in the forum not as a link. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If you are on X, go to Share Via “Safari” (or whatever browser it prompts) and it should take you to the actual webpage- which is still Twitter and not X- and if you copy and paste that link, it will appear directly in the forum not as a link. 

There's also the "embed tweet" option which also still goes to twitter. 

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Andrew Wylie just sticks out like the sorest of thumbs on this list. 

Good lord, what a bad signing. They guaranteed him so much money that we can’t even justify cutting him when his current cap number is well over $9M. 

I do still wonder if they’re considering him as the RT. That would be very disappointing, even though I don’t think he’s as bad as he looked early on (or on his worst plays).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Good lord, what a bad signing. They guaranteed him so much money that we can’t even justify cutting him when his current cap number is well over $9M. 

I do still wonder if they’re considering him as the RT. That would be very disappointing, even though I don’t think he’s as bad as he looked early on (or on his worst plays).

I think he is. We can't fix everything year 1. I think he's going to trot out there for another year. 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

My hope is we draft someone in R2 and he beats out Wylie to be the starting RT. If that happens then Wylie will be a reserve OT/OG 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

My hope is we draft someone in R2 and he beats out Wylie to be the starting RT. If that happens then Wylie will be a reserve OT/OG 

My hope is to draft someone round 2 that locks down LT but I’m good with this too lol

11 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Im not so sure about not trading him. I think it would benefit both sides. He is 29 years old. He deserves to leave if he doesn’t want to be part of a rebuild. 

Meanwhile we sign 34 year old bobby wagner.  29 isn't old.