Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I was listening to Kevin Sheehan on podcast the other night.

He had the 1st Top 100 NFL players list by Pete Prisko (spell?)

It's done with his opinion & not the NFL Networks version, where the players vote.

Anyways, he mentioned Washington was only 1 of 2 teams who didn't have at least 1 player in the top 100. The Indianapolis Colts were the other.

There were 17 WR's on the top 100 list & Scary Terry was not on it. He was on the honorable mention list behind another guy. Basically, listed as the 19th best WR.

Btw....Brandon aiuk was the 9th best WR in the list of 17 on it. Ranked 40ish on the top 100.

Good with me.  We shouldn't want or expect accolades when we can't win games.   Winners receive rankings and praise.  We (terry, allen, payne, etc) showed nothing to deserve that last year.  Win and then we will talk.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I agree, as long as he doesn't play recklessly with his body like RG3 did then Jayden will be fine. He needs to  understand this is the NFL and trying to be Superman will get you injured real quick.

All his college tape shows him playing recklessly so I am not sure why we would expect otherwise.  That is why he won the heisman.

On 6/21/2024 at 5:04 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

It’s horrible asset management to trade a high draft choice, and then sign the player to a mega-millions deal.  That has gotten us in trouble too many times to count in the past.  

This is the rub.

I am still chapped we didn't get Keenan Allen.  Now that was a dream trade. 4th rounder for a bigger receiver.  Sure he is coming out of his prime, but he would have rounded out our corps and the cost was palatable.  

I got a question for you guys...if you had a time machine and knew then what you know now about Newton's feet, would you have traded that draft pick for Ayuk?

• Like 2

On 6/22/2024 at 12:38 PM, offbyone said:

All his college tape shows him playing recklessly so I am not sure why we would expect otherwise.  That is why he won the heisman.

I know that, but that doesn't mean he can't change & that can't be coached out of him. As I've said since last fall, it's a concern of mine but, he's here now so I hope he plays safer as our QB & I hope Kingsbury & co. can coach him to slide and run out of bounds more instead of taking big hits from LBs & safeties but that's all TBD.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, offbyone said:

This is the rub.

I am still chapped we didn't get Keenan Allen.  Now that was a dream trade. 4th rounder for a bigger receiver.  Sure he is coming out of his prime, but he would have rounded out our corps and the cost was palatable.  

I got a question for you guys...if you had a time machine and knew then what you know now about Newton's feet, would you have traded that draft pick for Ayuk?

No because we would've had to sign Aiyuk to one of the most expensive WR deals in the league, so I'd have the same issue I have now. I don t think we should pay another Wr top $ when we have holes at LT, #1 CB & elite edge rusher still. If we're going to spend big $, we need to do it on one of those 4 poistions, not at WR. 

59 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Call me crazy, but I actually hope we're getting ready to trade for him. (But not for a 1st Rd pick)

But a 2nd & change, or lower? Absolutely!

It will tell me 1 thing! 😊 

That the coaching staff & Adam Peters believe we can win THIS YEAR (not 3 years down the road like some of you say)

And that with their chemistry together, being friends(JD) & BA skillet? Adding a weapon like BA would open even more things up, for this Offense.

We have the cap to do it & it opens the door to trade Jahan Dotson, if that is in their plans.

I see some smoke, guys.

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I dont remember snyder ever having a press release clearly stating the positions and framework of the front office. He preferred to keep it all secretive to hide his meddling. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I dont remember snyder ever having a press release clearly stating the positions and framework of the front office. He preferred to keep it all secretive to hide his meddling. 

Neither do I remember Snyder having 2 different GMs at the same time listed on the website which was super weird.  Not sure this means anything.  I'm excited about the moves, the hires sound great, but we have heard endless praise about front office hires and qbs in the past.  I'll wait before bring out the champagne for press releases and back patting.

On 6/24/2024 at 5:48 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

It is getting juicy. The 49ers really have no leverage here. Either they trade Aiyuk before he becomes a free agent or they’re just going to just get a 3rd round comp for him.

Theyre in the same situation we were in with Kirk in 2017 & Scherff in 2021. They should trade him now. They re-signed Juan Jennings who is a solid #1 and drafted Ricky Pearsall in R1. 

I don’t want to trade for Aiyuk bc he’s too expensive and I don’t want to give up a likely top 45 pick next year but, if it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen, and even if we have to trade Dotson to make it happen we should do it. If we trade for Aiyuk conceivably we’d have two 1,000 yard receivers who’d combine for around 15 TDs w/ Terry & Aiyuk our slot WR would end up being Crowder or McCaffery.

Edited by turtle28

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If Peters decides he's worth it than I'm all for it but there's no way I'm parting with a first. 

I wonder if it does happen if they trade Dotson & a mid round pick, like a 3rd or 4th. I don’t want to trade Dotson, but I’d imagine that would get it done. I would say Dyami but he essentially has no value, that’s like throwing in a 7th. 🤣 

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

Neither do I remember Snyder having 2 different GMs at the same time listed on the website which was super weird.  Not sure this means anything. 

It doesn't. And it's been rectified. It was just a clerical error. Kinda like you reminding me now I've never updated my linkedin profile with my new title. 

• Like 1