Divisional round thread: Texans @ Ravens, Saturday 4:30pm EST

AngusMcFife

Man, the trolls disappeared SO FAST from the NFL Gen thread in the 2nd half hahahaha

First half they were spamming anti-Lamar garbage. Second half, nowhere to be found.

What a performance from the defense, and what a 2nd half and game from Lamar. Have to give so much credit to Monken adjusting. This team is just different.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This team is just different.

Watching this current unit evolve past the issues that plagued us in previous seasons has been a joy.

We watched the rust shake off in real time(took a half lol), and the team turned in a great performance. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Nice chart. Yeah in the 1st half it looked like pre-2023 Lamar, trying to improvise and make a big play vs. the blitz.

In the second half he hit the quick hitters with our quality WRs, and found some run schemes to crack the pressure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Nice chart. Yeah in the 1st half it looked like pre-2023 Lamar, trying to improvise and make a big play vs. the blitz.

In the second half he hit the quick hitters with our quality WRs, and found some run schemes to crack the pressure.

That's monken, stopping the long waiting routes and doing the shorts stuff, they could use dalvin as a checkdown option looked like the most explosive runner on the team.  There's two things though with the team, monken waits to the 2nd half to adjust, it's smart but against a allen/mahomes I don't know, and the defenses not getting sack against qbs like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Guys. I froze my azz off for that win 

Lets keep it going 

Coincidently, there are also unconfirmed reports about a drunken fan trying to fight both Tyus Bowser and Rashod Bateman at the stadium 😂.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Dalvin Cook instantly being the best RB on the team LOL

Just imagine what Derrick Henry could’ve done in this offense for this playoff run. Would’ve been filthy… oh well, his loss.

If I were a UFA no way I sign with the Titans unless they’re paying me far more when I look at how they treated him. Conversely the Jets released Cook and numerous other teams released veteran players to allow them to pursue a ring.

But I digress. Yeah Cook definitely had some burst and agility. Though I think Hill is definitely our best RB at this point. His explosive burst just allows him to eat up yards before defenders are truly ready and his speed catches defenders off guard. Which is pretty crazy considering how athletic that Texans front 7 is.

IDK if you all could see on TV but Marcus Williams had a hell of a day covering up everything deep/over the top. Great game from him after a very criticized season.

Stanley also looked the healthiest he’s been all year. That’s a big development 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

IDK if you all could see on TV but Marcus Williams had a hell of a day covering up everything deep/over the top. Great game from him after a very criticized season.

Stanley also looked the healthiest he’s been all year. That’s a big development 

Marcus Williams definitely had some up and downs, but he's also doing his best work when he's not on the TV shot and not when a ball carrier reaches him. That's always been the case.