2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Wasn't very often. He pretty much meh at everything besides running with the ball after the catch. Good at yac, bad at everything leading up to the yac. His only good play is the WR screen, and he makes Avonte Maddox look like an iron man.

He's a bit better then this but I agree with most of it. I try to keep an eye on my OSU guys at least my favorites that played with OSU. 

9 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

He's a bit better then this but I agree with most of it. I try to keep an eye on my OSU guys at least my favorites that played with OSU. 

If he went to a different School, Terry McLaurin would have had ridiculous stats. Haskins mostly just threw quick screens and short passes to Parris, meanwhile McLaurin was wide open 20 yards downfield after actually working a CB, and Haskins never even looked his direction.
OSU was very good at masking what Parris and Haskins couldn't do.
Similar to Worthy/Adonai, but Adonai wasn't consistently smoking DB's like McLaurin.
Gonna be interesting to see Ewers without those 2.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

If he went to a different School, Terry McLaurin would have had ridiculous stats. Haskins mostly just threw quick screens and short passes to Parris, meanwhile McLaurin was wide open 20 yards downfield after actually working a CB, and Haskins never even looked his direction.
OSU was very good at masking what Parris and Haskins couldn't do.
Similar to Worthy/Adonai, but Adonai wasn't consistently smoking DB's like McLaurin.
Gonna be interesting to see Ewers without those 2.

I hated Haskins at OSU ugh. Don't remind me 😂.

Probably gonna be irrelevant once Howie drafts a WR but out of him and Parker I hope Campbell makes the roster. Seems like you don't like him much but I think he's good pretty good hands, speed is obvious, good yac, knows how to play the slot and can get open pretty easily. 

Been wanting a underneath guy for Hurts that he can rely on. Only issue is the health imo. 

29 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Feels like everybody has to either suck or be good. There's tiers in between.

Campbell is flawed but talented. He wouldn't be going for cheap this late in FA if that wasn't true.

That doesn't mean he can't dig out a role here and be a contributor.

24 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Yeah I mean between Parker and Campbell I think the hope is at least one makes the team and provides quality depth

I don’t have particularly high hopes for either. They’re very much dart throws

Yeah but at this point in FA a dart throw your head coach is comfortable with isn't a bad idea.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Campbell is flawed but talented. He wouldn't be going for cheap this late in FA if that wasn't true.

That doesn't mean he can't dig out a role here and be a contributor.

Exactly. Somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Feels like everybody has to either suck or be good. There's tiers in between.

I know, right?
It seems like the standard is that the Eagles need to sign Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, Anthony Munoz, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders and Brian Urlacher.

Then we have to debate who was the worst signing.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

I know, right?
It seems like the standard is that the Eagles need to sign Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, Anthony Munoz, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders and Brian Urlacher.

Then we have to debate who was the worst signing.

No we need younger players

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

We were never Going to pay him Top $$$, but Snead was just Traded to the Titans for a 3rd/7th.

Meh. Was never super interested in him. He's a really good corner, but I could see him not being as good in Tennessee. He's a little too close to that magic age of 30 for me to pay him like he's going to get paid.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Meh. Was never super interested in him. He's a really good corner, but I could see him not being as good in Tennessee. He's a little too close to that magic age of 30 for me to pay him like he's going to get paid.

Not me.
He won't be 30 until the 4th year of a four year contract unless you count playoffs.

If a 4th and a 5th was equal to a 3rd and a 7th, I'd go.
You could mitigate the salary by cutting Bradberry after June 1.

Then all you need is a CB in house to develop into a CB2 to replace Slay.
Until then you have Slay/Snead.

This bumps the need for a 1st round CB for two years.
In the interim you can narrow your draft focus to safety, LB, OL, WR, RB.

That "potential" need at CB hangs over this draft preventing quality additions at other spots.

26 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Not me.
He won't be 30 until the 4th year of a four year contract unless you count playoffs.

If a 4th and a 5th was equal to a 3rd and a 7th, I'd go.
You could mitigate the salary by cutting Bradberry after June 1.

Then all you need is a CB in house to develop into a CB2 to replace Slay.
Until then you have Slay/Snead.

This bumps the need for a 1st round CB for two years.
In the interim you can narrow your draft focus to safety, LB, OL, WR, RB.

That "potential" need at CB hangs over this draft preventing quality additions at other spots.

I guess the big thing for me is the uncertainty of not being in Spags scheme anymore.