2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

I think I'm starting to realize how bad picking at 22 is...after all the mocks and projections...we need to move up to get a top talent we want ( Mitchell/Latu/JPJ/Dejean) or trade back where there's so much value in round 2 (Cooper/Worthy/Leggette/Corley/Guyton) 

Basically what I'm saying we have to trade down or up. Where we are at we're just outside of top guys but just high enough that most would be reaching. 

10 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I think I'm starting to realize how bad picking at 22 is...after all the mocks and projections...we need to move up to get a top talent we want ( Mitchell/Latu/JPJ/Dejean) or trade back where there's so much value in round 2 (Cooper/Worthy/Leggette/Corley/Guyton) 

Basically what I'm saying we have to trade down or up. Where we are at we're just outside of top guys but just high enough that most would be reaching. 

Yep, its been kinda a weak section to be in.

If they trade up think it'll be 11-15

For Terrion Arnold, Jared Verse or Taliese Fuaga. They all just seem like Howie targets to me.
Quinyon maybe too, though I could see the projection making them more wary.

11-13, someone will trade up for McCarthy it seems. The teams that don't I could see bumping down to #22 and getting some more value when they take Penix or Nix
14-15, seem to have good relationships with both franchises in NOLA and Indy.

21 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You clearly have forgotten the dysfunctional 💩 show we were forced to witness in 2020 , when the musical chairs on the OL due to injuries to Peters, Brooks, Dillard and Lane basically wasted the entire season. 

I sure as *** haven't! No thanks.

You have no idea when that player will play so stop saying 2-3 years!! Like every Rookie drafted they are literally 1 snap away!

Let Taliese Fuaga somehow make it within striking distance. I'd not only trade up, I'd sprint to the podium. 

Do you also remember that in 2020 we had Nate Gerry, Alex Singleton, Michael Jacquett, and IIRC Grayland Arnold playing meaningful snaps and costing us games. Do you also remember the second Dallas game? 

Our OL is not looking as good as years past, and depth is something we should look to add to, but other positions are not 1 snap away, are day 1 needs. We may be 1 injury away from our OL to be a disaster, our CBs corps already are, no injury needed. 

A CB round one is more valuable than a "1 snap away" OL that can be had in the 2nd-3rd. 

Let's stop capping our team with an inflexible drafting philosophy and redshirt early draft pick players and look to build a more balanced roster for once. 

Let Quinyon Mitchell somehow make it within striking distance. I'd not only trade up, I'd sprint to the podium. 

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Definitely not a fan of moving up for Latu. If we're moving up for an EDGE it has to be Verse or Turner.

27 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm definitely leaning more towards trading down if one of the top 4 corners isn't on the board at 22 though.

Yep.  We're kind of at the mercy of how the board plays out.  Let's say Nix or Penix slip to 22.  Is there a team that might want to move up? Could be a lucrative trade back scenario.  

If Fuaga, Mitchell, or maybe even DeJean slip into the teens the Eagles might be willing to pounce.

Also if they stay put they may be in a situation were DeJean, Powers-Johnson, Latu and a couple others might fall right in their lap.

I'd be more shocked if Penix was taken in the top 21 than if he were to fall to the 2nd. Absolute no go for me. Was never impressed with him at Indiana, and his medicals are the reddest of flags. The WR talent around him at Washington was crazy and he played against Pac-12 "Defense"

56 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

A CB round one is more valuable than a "1 snap away" OL that can be had in the 2nd-3rd. 

If only our scouting department was 💩 when evaluating the position maybe we too could also find Top 20 CB play in rds 2, 3 and lower? Novel concept I know. Funny how everyone else (15 listed below) seems to find those types of players outside of the 1st rd but the Eagles? 🤷‍♂️

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-highest-graded-cornerbacks-2023-nfl-season

That Top 20 list has only 5 1st rd CB on it, 4 of those 5 were drafted within the top 8 There are no guaranteed Stud CB's found in the 20's. They too are a roll of the dice like every other position. Finding 1 every blue moon like McDuffie. 

I'm sure the Eagles of all organizations though will be that team in 2024 to draft the right one this go round. 👌

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'd be more shocked if Penix was taken in the top 21 than if he were to fall to the 2nd. Absolute no go for me. Was never impressed with him at Indiana, and his medicals are the reddest of flags. The WR talent around him at Washington was crazy and he played against Pac-12 "Defense"

I think that is maybe a little harsh.  The medical is a huge red flag, but he can sling it about as well as any QB in this class.  He will definitely need to go to the right team and wind up in the right system which is probably why he's the 6th QB off the board.  He wouldn't be off the board 6th if I was picking though.

22 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If only our scouting department was 💩 when evaluating the position maybe we too could also find Top 20 CB play in rds 2, 3 and lower? Novel concept I know. Funny how everyone else (15 listed below) seems to find those types of players outside of the 1st rd but the Eagles? 🤷‍♂️

That Top 20 list has only 5 1st rd CB on it, 4 of those 5 were drafted within the top 8 There are no guaranteed Stud CB's found in the 20's. They too are a roll of the dice like every other position. Finding 1 every blue moon like McDuffie. 

I'm sure the Eagles of all organizations though will be that team in 2024 to draft the right one this go round. 👌

I think that just means the Eagles are due.

30 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I agree that our GM/Scouting department is/was sht at evaluating LB/CB. But it is even harder when you prioritize back ups and rotational players over them. The recent approach seems to be "X college coach is good at fielding a defense, I hope they do the job for us" as shown by Jobe, Ricks, Ringo. Which is not bad but it shows a lot on where we stand. 

Don't know if you agree that we should go CB in the first or was sarcasm, because if it wasn't I don't think being scared of a position group and have tunnel vision in the draft is what we should stick to, which it has definitely been the case. 

27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I am running the Eagles over in the mock draft forum, here is my draft so far #WINNING

R1 - Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa

R2 - Payton Wilson, LB, NC State

R2 - Malachi Corley, WR, WKU

Payton Wilson = Sean Lee (Always Injured) Don't see him breaking that trend in the NFL. 

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Could disagree more. The kid can literally play anywhere.  His football IQ or ball recognition is absurd. Inside, outside, doesn't matter. 

Add the fact he's a hell of a PR as well, I'm all in on the kid. No way Vic Fangio of all people couldn't find a spot, role or Starting position for him, on this defense.  

This.

As much as I like JPJ, I'd opt for DeJean if they were both there.
I don't think either will.

If you want the hybrid, it's James Williams later.
Although, I think he will be a penalty machine.