2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

1 hour ago, Folesadelphia said:

Wouldn't the Eagles be better served to frontload a contract restructure given the cap room this year? I am sincerely asking. I don't see why they need 40 million in cap space with the bulk of free agency over. I don't know whether Reddick would be amenable to that situation or not. I would think in this scenario, it would make sense to pay him more upfront rather than on the backend.

I believe they're gonna roll over a good portion to next year cause next year our cap space was something like 14 million if I remember correctly. 

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

Honestly? Doesn't matter who's below him. Howie's gonna Howie.

I don't know how you can speak to that.
Never underestimate the contributions of an individual.
He's been here for 12 years.
That's a lot of experience walking out the door.
I'd venture a guess that he does a lot more than make copies and staple papers.

1 minute ago, babyatemydingo said:

I don't know how you can speak to that.
Never underestimate the contributions of an individual.
He's been here for 12 years.
That's a lot of experience walking out the door.
I'd venture a guess that he does a lot more than make copies and staple papers.

Howie's lost countless guys below him before, and yeah in 2018-2020 he hit some bumps in the road, but he's still proven time and time again to be capable and do things none of us ever imagine.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

At no point last year did Sean Desai use JB correctly.  No point!

Bradberry was coming off a 1st team All Pro season in 2022 basically playing Zone Coverages ala Richard Sherman in Seattle. Isolated to one side of the field.

At no point did Gannon in 2022 have Bradberry follow WR's. Have Bradberry as a SCB. Have Bradberry switch sides of the field L/R so Slay could pretend, he's Darrell Revis. 

Absolutely none of that will occur with under Vic Fangio. It's the reason Ransey and Xavier were so upset last season. Vic doesn't play Man to Man regardlessof the CB's he has, period!! 

James Bradberry is NOT a Man to Man covering CB. He is however a very good Zone CB. Like Richard Sherman,  give him a side, give him specific responsibilities and 🙏🙏🙏 the Safety help needed for said coverages work do thier jobs correctly. 

All of that occured in 2022. None of that occured in 2023.

Bradberry was a second team all pro not a 1st team and he also had a very disappointing 2021. CB is a volatile position for better and for worse. He was also getting beat deep regularly in 2022 but the pass rush bailed him out a ton. 

He excels playing cover 4 and is a very smart players so yes, there were instances in which he did play to his strenghts and still played badly. 

Either way even if everything you said was correct, the rest of my post that you didn't quote still stands. 

30 minutes ago, Danger said:

Howie's lost countless guys below him before, and yeah in 2018-2020 he hit some bumps in the road, but he's still proven time and time again to be capable and do things none of us ever imagine.

I mean this loss sucks, but these things happen everywhere. Sounds like Rosenberg wants to make a name from himself and not be known as Howie's right hand man. I can respect that. 

The Eagles will need to replace him, but they have a history of reloading well in the front office. We will be fine.

6 hours ago, Danger said:

Really?
Name three.

And who really knows Rosenberg's level of contribution to managing the cap.
By all indications he had a lot to do with it.
He may not be Roseman's right hand man, but he could be the right half of his brain when it comes to creativity in structuring contracts for future flexibility.
Maybe, just maybe, he's the mastermind behind all of the savvy movement within the cap structure.

I don't know.
Don't pretend you do.

1 hour ago, babyatemydingo said:

Really?
Name three.

And who really knows Rosenberg's level of contribution to managing the cap.
By all indications he had a lot to do with it.
He may not be Roseman's right hand man, but he could be the right half of his brain when it comes to creativity in structuring contracts for future flexibility.
Maybe, just maybe, he's the mastermind behind all of the savvy movement within the cap structure.

I don't know.
Don't pretend you do.

Joe Douglas, Andy Weidl, Ian Cunningham, Brandon Brown

That's four in the few seasons.