2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

3 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

That Texans offense could look good so long as their Oline Holds up...

Stroud
Mixon
Diggs
Collins
Dell
A Couple of good WR3/4s
Schultz

They have a lot of good players, but lack any sort of X factor kind of guys.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

A good draft to go out and get your #1 wideout. Was a good year to move on from Diggs too, who seemed to be going downhill a bit every year. 

That 2nd rd pick is in 2025. They've created so many holes letting players walk in FA/Cut/Traded. Im not sure drafting a WR in the 1st or 2nd is the right thing to do either. 

Diggs was becoming a cancer and had to go. Bills are in trouble with or without him.

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That 2nd rd pick is in 2025. They've created so many holes letting players walk in FA/Cut/Traded. Im not sure drafting a WR in the 1st or 2nd is the right thing to do either. 

Diggs was becoming a cancer and had to go. Bills are in trouble with or without him.

His contract was awful for the production he put out there last year too

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

A good draft to go out and get your #1 wideout. Was a good year to move on from Diggs too, who seemed to be going downhill a bit every year. 

What's wild is that they took a 31 mil dead cap hit to move him and had about a 28 mil cap hit this year, so they were willing to take a cap negative to move on.  What's even wilder is that they still are tied for the 3rd best odds to win the AFC.  Josh Allen is elite, but they've lost too much to be considered a SB contender this year.  Further opens the door for the Dolphins or Jets to win the division as well.

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Maddox back on a 1 year deal. Good signing. Give him competition from a draft pick. Phillips, Sainristil, etc

I mean it made sense, cause I don’t think he wanted to leave and that combined with coming off another injury riddled season the market wasn’t gonna be great for him. He played poorly coming back late in the year from injury, but I’ll give him some grace on that. We’ve seen what he can be at nickel corner in 2021 & 2022. We just can’t trust him to stay healthy whatsoever.

28 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Maddox back on a 1 year deal. Good signing. Give him competition from a draft pick. Phillips, Sainristil, etc

The competition for nickel will likely be 

Maddox, tyler hall and maybe McPherson if he’s healthy

I Think with CJGJ here this makes it less likely  they draft a nickel. OL, EDGE, and WR barring some sort of trade we don’t see coming. They’re setting themselves up nicely to not “have” to take anyone which is nice.

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean it made sense, cause I don’t think he wanted to leave and that combined with coming off another injury riddled season the market wasn’t gonna be great for him. He played poorly coming back late in the year from injury, but I’ll give him some grace on that. We’ve seen what he can be at nickel corner in 2021 & 2022. We just can’t trust him to stay healthy whatsoever.

Willing to give him an honest shot at starting slot CB. Agreed on giving him some grace for performance considering coming back from injury, as well as the entire defense playing like ***. Like I said draft some legitimate competition for him. Would not be mad at Sainristil, Dru Phillips, Tykee Smith, Kris Abrams-Drain

10 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I Think with CJGJ here this makes it less likely  they draft a nickel. OL, EDGE, and WR barring some sort of trade we don’t see coming. They’re setting themselves up nicely to not “have” to take anyone which is nice.

Ah forgot about my boy Tyler Hall. For some reason I feel like that dude is gonna ball out and make the team lol.

13 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

What about Rodgers?

5 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

What about Rodgers?

Rodgers has said a few times he’s an outside corner, it’s what he was good at. I feel like there’s a solid likelihood he’s an outside corner. Assuming Tyler hall and Maddox compete for nickel with a mid to late round draft pick in the mix as well

our issues are worse at outside corner. Also the track record of guys coming back from year long suspensions is a little dire. 

I don’t think the eagles can expect much from him, I also think whatever they expect of him might be on the outside

11 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Ah forgot about my boy Tyler Hall. For some reason I feel like that dude is gonna ball out and make the team lol.

I think he’s almost a shoe-in. Too many good numbers and reports. Whether he beats out Maddox is another story

slay

bradberry (for now)

ringo

ricks

are the guys I feel will 100% make the team

then there’s the 80% guys

maddox

hall

rodgers

jobe

and jobe is a special teams star which might sway things in his favor.

obviously some sort of trade for a big name, or drafting in the 1st round with supersede all of that. But that’s already 8 guys. The eagles are already better off than last season. I still wish they could cut Bradberry and trade slay because I prefer a complete reset there