2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd definitely take a look at him out there. Let him honestly compete for it. Whoever looks the best can start.

Compete vs who? Slay? Mitchell?

DeJean will have a similar role as CGJ in 2022 (nickle/dime/safety). Making Maddox potentially obsolete. 

Now if a injury occurs to Slay can I see him beating out Ringo/Ricks/Rodgers absolutely. 

Now in 2025 it will be interesting to see how they handle Slay. For now, Swiss Army Knife he is.

57 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Compete vs who? Slay? Mitchell?

DeJean will have a similar role as CGJ in 2022 (nickle/dime/safety). Making Maddox potentially obsolete. 

Now if a injury occurs to Slay can I see him beating out Ringo/Ricks/Rodgers absolutely. 

Now in 2025 it will be interesting to see how they handle Slay. For now, Swiss Army Knife he is.

Yes let him compete at outside CB. We'll see about DeJean. Taking a dude 40th overall on a trade up, you better have an important role for him either in the present or near future. Outside CB makes the most sense to justify that selection and resources used. If he can mirror CGJ and those responsibilities that'd be awesome too and worth the resources IMO. That duo would be amazing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Exactly. If he's truly washed then we kick him to the curb. Doesn't hurt us either way

Yup agreed. I can't lie I think he looked awful regardless of scheme last year. And the simple fact that he will have to play man at some points is not good for him. But still I'd like to see what he can do in this scheme.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yes let him compete at outside CB. We'll see about DeJean. Taking a dude 40th overall on a trade up, you better have an important role for him either in the present or near future. Outside CB makes the most sense to justify that selection and resources used. If he can mirror CGJ and those responsibilities that'd be awesome too and worth the resources IMO. That duo would be amazing.

Why? That's Mitchell's Job to lose in 2024 or it better MF be or **** is about to hit the fan not taking Arnold! At no point is Slay losing his job to a Rookie, not in 2024 unless it's due to injury.

Eagles are better off training Cooper at Safety/SCB role with the injury history of CGJ, Maddox and Sydney coming off ACL. That's the biggest need!

Outside CB, isn't TBH. 

Now in 2025, I fully expect Mitchell/DeJean to be our two Starting CB's. Unless DeJean just thrives at Safety.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why? That's Mitchell's Job to lose in 2024 or it better MF be or **** is about to hit the fan not taking Arnold! At no point is Slay losing his job to a Rookie, not in 2024 unless it's due to injury.

Eagles are better off training Cooper at Safety/SCB role with the injury history of CGJ, Maddox and Sydney coming off ACL. That's the biggest need!

Outside CB, isn't TBH. 

Now in 2025, I fully expect Mitchell/DeJean to be our two Starting CB's. Unless DeJean just thrives at Safety.

Nick Saban famously wanted quinyon on Bama last year. Was he going to bench Arnold or kool-aid for him?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Nick Saban famously wanted quinyon on Bama last year. Was he going to bench Arnold or kool-aid for him?

That is hilarious,  but a great question? 😎

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Arnold would’ve been starting slot is my guess. He played a lot of slot anyways. And saban has made very clear he likes koolaid more than arnold

Quinyon better damn well be starting.  There is absolutely no reason Bradberry should sniff the field between the additions of Quinyon, Cooper, Rodgers, and Hall.  Ideally some sucker out there will give a 7th, but they need to cut their losses before training camp gets going.  I don't want prime reps in camp going to Bradberry when Mitchell and DeJean need every rep to integrate into the defense.

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Shocked he ended up taking on the 3rd role again but good for them. 

lmao, cut parker and campbell and sign Boyd for that. Are you serious? What a missed opportunity here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

lmao, cut parker and campbell and sign Boyd for that. Are you serious? What a missed opportunity here.

Lots of great stuff this offseason. But little things like this, or like not giving Quinyon #27

very strange

the eagles/Quinton are going to have to pay for every jersey if he changes his number

how’re you not going to zech and being like sorry bud. You’re no longer 27

and choosing Campbell and Parker over Boyd is a choice. And not a good one. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Lots of great stuff this offseason. But little things like this, or like not giving Quinyon #27

very strange

the eagles/Quinton are going to have to pay for every jersey if he changes his number

I'm pretty sure #'s aren't finalized until Final roster day for rookies....so their jerseys can change till then if I remember correctly. So Rookies wouldn't be final till then and hence wouldn't need to pay as there not official till then. 

13 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

very strange

I think they are choosing Ainias Smith over Tyler Boyd. Think they always wanted to draft someone to get on the field quite a bit while having a vet splitting reps with them throughout the season. If they signed Tyler Boyd then that rookie isnt seeing the field unless injury. Hopefully it works out and Smith turns out to be a good player or Campbell gives them his best season. Think Parker is going to be cut tbh.

1 minute ago, UndyTaker said:

I think they are choosing Ainias Smith over Tyler Boyd. Think they always wanted to draft someone to get on the field quite a bit while having a vet splitting reps with them throughout the season. If they signed Tyler Boyd then that rookie isnt seeing the field unless injury. Hopefully it works out and Smith turns out to be a good player or Campbell gives them his best season. Think Parker is going to be cut tbh.

I kinda wish they just didn't play games with all the trade downs and took Roman Wilson in the 3rd.

• Like 1