2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

45 minutes ago, Danger said:

Hate to say it, but so far the only thing that's seemed consistent at OTAs is that Jalen is struggling.

The young/new corners stepping up has been consistent as well. But yeah I've yet to hear of a positive overall practice from Jalen. Pretty disappointing but I'll hold off from judging him too hard.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me how Jalen did in OTA's in 2022? Honestly curious,  dont remember?? You know, when we had a Top 5 Defense and a top 5 Offense?

I'm 100% positive at no point during that off season did anyone, and I mean anyone think he'd have a MVP type caliber season. NO ONE!

So my question is. Is this an improved secondary making plays? Or him and the offense struggling to get on the same page, learning a new system?

If these things are occurring in TC/PS games/ 1st month of the season, then I'll worry.  Until then, is what it is. 

Jalen will rarely look good in practice, it was mentioned in some podcast last year I believe, that same with Wentz, his style of play doesn't translate well to the practice conditions because of his scramble drills, designed runs and not special arm talent. Hence why Bradford looked godly in practice here that one year we all have done our best to forget. 

I mean, that doesn't mean it is a good thing, it would be better if Jalen's strengths is passing first, running second. But such is the way of the Eagles QB. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Its a qb learning a new offense and being retaught how to respond to pressure 

Ninja is being the one to tell everyone to slow down. 

Is today opposite day?

My comment wasn't meant to be a condemnation or panic about Jalen, but just noting, it's been not ideal and something to keep an eye on.

For what it's worth. I remember before Pat Mahomes first year as a full time starter he was stinking it up in camp and then threw like 50 TDs that year.

Superb Owl

I dont think any of this is really even about OTAs and practices. Its about the pressure that everyone is putting on Hurts to have a great year, and just so. All eyes are on him. A lot like 2022 was.