Dallas retaining HC Mike McCarthy

Forge

25 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Steelers nation fear failure so much they rather stick with a failing marriage. The wife won’t talk to me, the kids don’t love me, they do everything without me! And when I walk in the door they stop talking to me and look at me like they wished I was dead. But it’s ok, because I have something to come home too! I don’t love myself enough to want better. I’m ok accepting the minimum. that’s life.. I work extremely long hours to provide the things I ever had as a child! Even if dying every day. 

that’s the Steelers nation mentality sticking with Tomlin. You’re god dam right my boy! Tomlin is terrible. He’s don’t nothing without Bills roster. Any freaking coach would have won a Super Bowl with Big Ben, Troy and that monster defense. He hasn’t brought a player close to any of those guys and it’s been like 17 years. It’s time to let go. It’s time to move on and heal. 

.... you ok there rammy?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Well that's partially the fault of Tomlin if you want to actually evaluate Pittsburgh's team over the last like 5-6 years. However, McCarthy's playoff record is completely held up by Aaron Rodgers, but his ability to be a successful coach in multiple organizations is where I think McCarthy should have the edge over Tomlin.

Tomlin inherited a really freaking good team and 99% of his success came from that group of players. Since then, they've been nothing but mediocre at best.

I've seen the Steelers roster age out into absolute crap in 2013 and 2021, yet they still chug along. I'm not saying that this current team will win a Super Bowlwith Pickett, but it's incredibly impressive how his teams never have to rebuild with high draft picks despite turning over completely.

He's like Pat Riley...fans think they're better off tanking and risking the forever rebuild, but the he keeps churning out competitive teams out his ***.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

24 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I've seen the Steelers roster age out into absolute crap in 2013 and 2021, yet they still chug along. I'm not saying that this current team will win a Super Bowlwith Pickett, but it's incredibly impressive how his teams never have to rebuild with high draft picks despite turning over completely.

He's like Pat Riley...fans think they're better off tanking and risking the forever rebuild, but the he keeps churning out competitive teams out his ***.

I don't even view this Pittsburgh team as competitive. They're an average team that was one of the last spots into the playoffs, and they got there beating a team resting all of it's starters then got blown out. If the NFL hadn't expanded the playoffs we wouldn't even be talking about Pittsburgh because they would've gone 2 straight years missing the playoffs. Instead, we're supposed to act like being the last team in with a garbage record and getting your *** kicked in the wild card both times is now impressive?

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't even view this Pittsburgh team as competitive. They're an average team that was one of the last spots into the playoffs, and they got there beating a team resting all of it's starters then got blown out. If the NFL hadn't expanded the playoffs we wouldn't even be talking about Pittsburgh because they would've gone 2 straight years missing the playoffs. Instead, we're supposed to act like being the last team in with a garbage record and getting your *** kicked in the wild card both times is now impressive?

Yes, to even barely make the playoffs with that craptastic roster year after year is incredible. I'd take that over the Giants and Jets rebuilding every year for a decade+.

14 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Yes, to even barely make the playoffs with that craptastic roster year after year is incredible. I'd take that over the Giants and Jets rebuilding every year for a decade+.

The only difference between the Jets and Steelers is the Jets are so incompetently ran from the Front Office that they refused to invest in a backup QB who could even provide AVERAGE level of play.

The Steelers, and this has nothing to do with Mike Tomlin, have at least quality backup QB's lol it's just they have no starting QB's.

If the Jets didn't play Zach Wilson this year, they win 10 games.

On 1/17/2024 at 8:42 PM, 40Year Pack Fan said:

McCarthy can thank/blame Dak for this....Although he (Prescott) may have blown his chance at a lucrative extended contract from the Cowboys....

I think Prescott is an issue in Dallas.  I believe he is way overrated.  They also need more talent than just Lamb at WR.  Dak forced the ball to Lamb on more than one occasion on Sunday.

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

I think Prescott is an issue in Dallas.  I believe he is way overrated.  They also need more talent than just Lamb at WR.  Dak forced the ball to Lamb on more than one occasion on Sunday.

No question there...I just think by Dak jumping on the sword for McCarthy, this may have given the Joneses the momentum perhaps needed to keep him onboard....This and my belief that Belichick and Harbaugh aren't ones who would deal well with an owner like Jerry Jones....McCarthy on the other hand is liked by Jones and he has been loyal to those he likes...Jason Garrett for example....

On 1/18/2024 at 11:24 AM, dll2000 said:

Jimmy quit after a stint with Dolphins.  He wasn't burnt out when he left Dallas.  

Wait, I just remembered. Jimmy quit because he wanted to breath down Don Shula's neck.

Not that I’m a fan of retaining him however I get why they did it. Jerry always seems to keep guys he likes for too long and he has one year left on his deal. If he doesn’t make way into the playoffs next year you can simply not retain him and he can go his separate way. As odd as this sounds keeping him for one more year and going another route is more appealing to me than Bill B. 

Only like this if we couldn't land Harbaugh - one more year of stupid penalties, mental mistakes, lack of discipline, poor clock-management and zero situational awareness isn't inspiring, but if he can crank out 12 wins and make a deep playoff run, maybe he'll earn himself an extension.