Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

The funny part is, a large part of the AP hype came from that completely made up story from their team meeting about JMD and his interaction. It wasn't even true, player debunked it but people wanted to have a hero opposite the vilain and ran with it anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

There are fans here going over the top. Or did you miss all the AP is a better coach that Mike Vrabel posts?

That’s all we’ll and good - but no need to demean the argument by using trivial, sweeping statements that paint all AP supporters with the same brush because of a few silly people on Twitter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He asked who here supported AP as the best candidate iirc you were one of those people. Not a diss just highlight that there were multiple people here that were loving it 

Oh yeah I still think it was the right move. It just was a misquote

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

There are fans here going over the top. Or did you miss all the AP is a better coach that Mike Vrabel posts?

Stunning, right there. Absolutely stunning. 

Maybe by 2027 or so AP is a better coach than Vrabel. But right now, no fkn way. 

He might be better than Bisaccia since Bisaccia took over for Gruden but everything else stayed in place and was already the AHC. I think AP did an equally commendable job with more dysfunction and adversity, but the lows were lower and the highs not quite as high. 

I liked Rich and wish he'd gotten his shot. But I'd fight someone for saying Rich Bisaccia is a better HC than Mike Vrabel. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Whatever you want to do bro.  I'm just saying, I see fans literally applauding the hire and when they're questioned as to why they like the pick, they cite the facts that he wears black air forces, shouts Raiders, and because he's black.  Again, you aren't on Twitter so you really don't understand just how stupid the Raiders Twitter community is.

Yea I’m not on twitter but imo you can’t use social media stuff as real life honestly. Social media is so fake can’t take too much stock in that imo. If I took social media as truth I’d think every chick looks perfect and bbls don’t exist lol

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

AP did more in his interim season than JMD did his stint in Denver, yet you supported one and not the other lol maybe if he said more Patriot things and not so much Raiders things you’d buy in 😂

Exactly when jmdz was stacking L’s saying patriot things the same people complaining were supporting it to the fullest. Make it make sense 

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

See I just don’t believe that. I think it’s binary thinking to think that all posters/fans who are happy with AP wanted him and only him and there reason for being happy with him is because of his clothes.

Notice I said “add to it.” If Pierce had the personality of a toaster strudel and went 5-4 many more guys here and online in general would be pounding the table for someone else. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Nobody said that was the sole reason. It certainly plays a roll. Raider fans are insanely tribal. Case in point, most want to trade to #1 to take Jayden Daniels simply because of his AP connection. 

in the end, there was some good you outlined and a lot of bad. They were not close to the playoffs. They shot their shot on the KC game after laying an 0-3 egg in a game they needed to win. Then bookended it with a flat, uninspired performance in Indy.

I have no issue with AP getting the job. But people fans are acting like we hired prime Tom Flores here and there are a lot of question marks to the hire. 

There’s fanatics on every team twitter isn’t real life tho. Most of the social media accounts are fake bots. 

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Stunning, right there. Absolutely stunning. 

Maybe by 2027 or so AP is a better coach than Vrabel. But right now, no fkn way. 

He might be better than Bisaccia since Bisaccia took over for Gruden but everything else stayed in place and was already the AHC. I think AP did an equally commendable job with more dysfunction and adversity, but the lows were lower and the highs not quite as high. 

I liked Rich and wish he'd gotten his shot. But I'd fight someone for saying Rich Bisaccia is a better HC than Mike Vrabel. 

IDK man that team that Bisaccia had probably had more adversity than any other. When you lose you’re star WR because he unalived someone, one of your DBs is on social making threats with guns and your head coach who basically had a lifetime contract is ran out of the league randomly in season. You deal with all of that and come a Derek Carr check down away from beating the AFC Super Bowl representative in the playoffs. That’s really impressive. 

What was the biggest thing pierce had to deal with? The fact that playing football the Patriots way wasn’t fun? Maybe Chandler Jones but that was handled before he took over. 

Now i want to be clear I don’t support either Pierce or Bisaccia as HCs, but I do think you’re selling Bisaccia short. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reddevil said:

Some really odd, over the top narratives being used to validate arguments on here. Who gives a toss about Twitter opinions about anything - let alone a football team? The platform is designed to represent disparate views of people with terrible opinions. It’s literally how it’s M.O.!

It’s a little hypocritical to say that you hate how some raiders fans go to extremes with their support for AP by going to the extreme of using Twitter opinion as a means to criticise him.

There are many more opinions on Twitter than there are on this forum.  There were literally 100s if not thousands of votes from Raiders fans that picked Jayden Daniels over Caleb Williams at first overall.  Whether you consider it extreme or not doesn't change the fact that it exists and that its relevant.

Honestly the second portion of your post doesn't really align.  You say I'm being a hypocrite because I hate that Raiders fans are extremely supportive of AP.  And then you go on to say that its extreme for me to use Twitter opinion as a way to criticize him.  

Look man if people want to buy black air force ones to support him then they can go for it.  At the end of the day, I really don't care.  Just don't be surprised if he doesn't work out and all of a sudden, we see videos of these same people burning them in trash cans like people burn jerseys after players don't succeed.

I don't need to go to Twitter to criticize Mark Davis' decision to hire AP.  That's where you're wrong.  I was just making conversation.  I've already said it, I support AP.  I hope he does well.  I do like him.  More than McDaniels.  But there are still several issues that I have with how the whole process happened.

1st I'll go with the fact that there were other candidates we should have interviewed.  I think we interviewed only two other candidates?  They weren't even legitimate contenders for HC when you really look at it.

2nd I'll go with the fact that we should have hired a GM first.

3rd I'll go with the fact that his track record isn't anything to brag about when you look at more than just the 5-4 record (backup QBs, team with no heart when we played LAC, college and high school record).

4th I'll go with the fact that he doesn't even really have a track record.

5th I'll go with the fact that we have no idea if he can even assemble a coaching staff.  We may end up losing PG and end up with two unknowns at OC and DC.  

6th I didn't like that players got involved in the decision making (Maxx Crosby) talking about how if he isn't hired then all options are on the table.  If Crosby really cared about winning, he should have at least considered the possibility of M. Davis trying to hire the best candidate possible.  Which may have not been AP.  We will literally never know if we had the opportunity to hire the next HOF coach because we didn't even try.

7th I'll go with this because in the back of my mind it does bother me.  I think @NYRaider brought this up.  Interim coaches have a horrible track record.  If AP fails we're all going to have to live with @NYRaider saying I told you so even though each Raiders fan on this forum is already a tiny bit iffy on our hiring of AP.

So yeah.  If you think I need Twitter to criticize the hire you're wrong.  AND AGAIN!!!  I'm okay with the hire.  Just don't like how we went about hiring him.  I'm rooting for him.  Way more than I'm rooting for McDaniels. So hopefully we win 13 games next year.

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 3

That’s all we’ll and good - but no need to demean the argument by using trivial, sweeping statements that paint all AP supporters with the same brush because of a few silly people on Twitter.

Bro there are hundreds of fans that love AP like a brother.  He could beat up their wife and they'd justify it because somehow it's going to help us get into the playoffs this year.

You guys keep talking about OC being important… DC is a massively important hire as well. AP doesn’t have his own scheme. Pretty sure we are gonna lose Graham to Seattle… (or Pittsburgh if the job opens up). Graham already did a second interview there, and their beat writers claim the organization likes him a lot. 

I also want to be clear on this as well. I don’t think everyone who supports AP is dumb or were even blindly in favor of it. There have been many guys here who were disappointed because they wanted a wider net cast in the HC search but have accepted him. A portion of fans wether they be very vocal or not have stated that they like the culture change he’s brought and that he’s a “Raider”. 

This sort of thing happens with players too. Lots of guys wanted Leonard Williams because he fit a need and was a Raider fan. Guys liked the drafting of Abrams because he was a hard hitting safety that reminded them of Atkinson and Tatum. Gallery was loved as a pick for the Raiders because he had the long hair and tats. People liked Rob Ryan because he looked like a Raider. 

31 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea I’m not on twitter but imo you can’t use social media stuff as real life honestly. Social media is so fake can’t take too much stock in that imo. If I took social media as truth I’d think every chick looks perfect and bbls don’t exist lol

I legit only have Twitter now.  Deleted FB a couple weeks ago.  Don't have IG, Snap, nothing else.  I only have Twitter because they have the quickest updates in sports.  As we all know because @RaidersAreOne has the updates to us within .003 seconds.

But yeah.  I know Twitter is a weird little place to be.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Exactly when jmdz was stacking L’s saying patriot things the same people complaining were supporting it to the fullest. Make it make sense 

You're sensationalizing. I gave my support after the first season, because I was one of the few here who didn't expect them to return to the playoffs. Then couple in the Carr-stuff. Waller and Hunter injuries. Injuries and lack depth on defense it made sense to see year 2 when most wanted him gone. You had the players (Maxx, Jacobs, Adams) all saying all the right things and giving support. 

My support wained on the Jimmy G signing, said right there this will either make or break them. Quickly found out it broke them.

Do you think if AP fails to make the playoffs year 1, people will want him out? Will be curious. 

And like JMD, his choice of OC/QB will make or break him.