Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

29 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Notice I said “add to it.” If Pierce had the personality of a toaster strudel and went 5-4 many more guys here and online in general would be pounding the table for someone else. 

I agree and most won't admit it. There is a certain tribalism for Raider nostalgia that fans have affinity for and AP embodied that spirit. Which props to him, but that emotion only runs so far when losses stack up. So you gotta win. 

12 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

You guys keep talking about OC being important… DC is a massively important hire as well. AP doesn’t have his own scheme. Pretty sure we are gonna lose Graham to Seattle… (or Pittsburgh if the job opens up). Graham already did a second interview there, and their beat writers claim the organization likes him a lot. 

This is flying under the radar. If they lose Graham, AP is going to be starting behind the 8 ball as coach. And I'm not fully convinced Graham isn't the architect behind most of their success to end last season. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jerry said:

7th I'll go with this because in the back of my mind it does bother me.  I think @NYRaider brought this up.  Interim coaches have a horrible track record.  If AP fails we're all going to have to live with @NYRaider saying I told you so even though each Raiders fan on this forum is already a tiny bit iffy on our hiring of AP.

IIRC over the last 3 decades first time HC's that had the interim tag removed have a 35% win percentage and none have ever had a winning record in year 1.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Don't forget talking about how you're going to play "the Raider way". Which means lots of illegal hits, stickum and cheating being encouraged. A blend of football that you've not been able to play in the 2000s, but fans can't seem to grasp that. 

Is that why we were the least penalized team in the league? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is flying under the radar. If they lose Graham, AP is going to be starting behind the 8 ball as coach. And I'm not fully convinced Graham isn't the architect behind most of their success to end last season. 

Wonder why they didn't do much until AP took over then?

Edited by raidr4life

57 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC over the last 3 decades first time HC's that had the interim tag removed have a 35% win percentage and none have ever had a winning record in year 1.

Yeah. An ugly stat that Mark Davis hopefully considered.

17 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Wonder why they didn't do much until AP took over then?

Because they didn't want to play for the last guy.

It's great, I'm excited to see if it was flash in the pan or sustainable into next year when the competition ramps up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Because they didn't want to play for the last guy.

It's great, I'm excited to see if it was flash in the pan or sustainable into next year when the competition ramps up.

Yup. It's one of those things that whichever side of the fence you're on we have to just let it run its course. Not trying to outsmart ourselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I legit only have Twitter now.  Deleted FB a couple weeks ago.  Don't have IG, Snap, nothing else.  I only have Twitter because they have the quickest updates in sports.  As we all know because @RaidersAreOne has the updates to us within .003 seconds.

But yeah.  I know Twitter is a weird little place to be.

I gave up on fb now I just use ig for news & boobs lol

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Enter marv Lewis with herm as a assistant Lololol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

All you have to do is scream RAIDERSSS and quote Al Davis and you’re a fan favorite for life here

Or lose and say the team needs to learn how to win like we did with Brady and bill then you’re given 3 years.

Vs

not even giving pierce a week lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Or lose and say the team needs to learn how to win like we did with Brady and bill then you’re given 3 years.

Vs

not even giving pierce a week lol

I’ve been pretty clear as to why I don’t support the hire. Primarily because almost every interim coach for decades has failed almost immediately. And there was a lot of top talent available this hiring cycle. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The funny part is, a large part of the AP hype came from that completely made up story from their team meeting about JMD and his interaction. It wasn't even true, player debunked it but people wanted to have a hero opposite the vilain and ran with it anyway. 

I thought I remember Crosby saying the meeting happened and people were letting everything out?