49ers [24] Packers [21] - PostGame Thread

CWood21

3 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

We definitely had our chances. If one of those plays ends differently we likely win the game. Still so proud of this team and excited for the future.

Feels like more 2014 vs Seattle in a collection of plays not made and a few of them go the other way and it flips the game.  All 3 phases involved in the plays.

• Like 2

Gotta strike this offseason with all these  WRs, TEs  on rookie contracts.  Hopefully, the math will add up to make some moves.  Can't sit on status quo and hope,  gotta make moves.   A guy like Derrick Henry in Dillons role would do wonders for Love.  Not sure they'd spend the money there but I'd look into it.

Get Van Ness on the TJ Watt juice if he isn't already.    He could make a big jump next year.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

Tough loss, but extremely bright future. We should be conference favorites going into next year. The 49ers weren't the better team yesterday. They were the luckier one. 

The last throw for Love was a head scratcher but it's a one off, not a trend. 

Going into next year I want Jones and Savage back. I go back and forth on Savage, but with a new DC, he might be able to blossom into a very nice deep safety. Go get Jordan Whitehead from the Jets in free agency and draft a kid in round 2 or 3. 

Wish I had a LBer like Warner. Interesting the two best defenses in the league have the best inside linebacker combination. Kansas City has decent inside backers too. Keep Quay but need another stud ILB. NO longer, this JAG is good enough.

On offense, fortify the offensive line. Keep reloading there. I'd like a better back up than Clifford. As it stands, if Love goes down for a game or two we are forfeiting those games. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

Great season for Packers. 
Love will definitely grow from this. Thought we had a game after Jones run.

Hopefully Carlson will come back stronger next season..

I hope Carson comes back with competition.  Hopefully from the best kicker in the draft.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Tough loss, but extremely bright future. We should be conference favorites going into next year. The 49ers weren't the better team yesterday. They were the luckier one. 

The last throw for Love was a head scratcher but it's a one off, not a trend. 

Going into next year I want Jones and Savage back. I go back and forth on Savage, but with a new DC, he might be able to blossom into a very nice deep safety. Go get Jordan Whitehead from the Jets in free agency and draft a kid in round 2 or 3. 

Wish I had a LBer like Warner. Interesting the two best defenses in the league have the best inside linebacker combination. Kansas City has decent inside backers too. Keep Quay but need another stud ILB. NO longer, this JAG is good enough.

On offense, fortify the offensive line. Keep reloading there. I'd like a better back up than Clifford. As it stands, if Love goes down for a game or two we are forfeiting those games. 

We need the body at S - but Savage is wholly unimpressive.

2023 regular season stats according to ESPN:

51 tackles (36 solo/15assisted) - 7th on the team
1 TFL
1 PD
1 INT

The offense just needs to draft some depth in the O-line, and an understudy for Jones. (Pugger is right. After Tom went out, Love wasn't able to be comfortable in the pocket again and the offense sputtered.) 

Defense needs a deeper overhaul. We need to be stronger up the middle. Clark and Slaton are good, but we need ILBs and safeties. And we need another edge, because JJ won't be back for a while.

There's no critical position needs, so we can sit back and let the draft come to us, or what's more likely, Gute will target players he thinks have that special "it", and will move around the draft board to pick them up where their value lies. I expect a rb somewhere around the 5th round. A T in round 2, a G/C in round 4, An edge in round 1, Safeties and ILBs everywhere else. And a kicker somewhere. 

Super Bowl next year!

Wow a lot of us fans are really entitled and spoiled. What sane person would've thought after that first Lions and the Raiders game we'd be minutes from going to the NFC championship game?  No-one would have believed it. The coaching staff and front office didn't see this coming. That's why we were sellers at the trade deadline. Sul would've got a few picks in this game.

After the Raiders game most of us  myself included were on the tank for a top 10 pick bandwagon. This young team nearly knocked off the best team in the conference. This 49ers team is built to win a SB now.

The Packers are rebuilding a SB team for the future and learning how to win games with rookies and 2nd year guys. Most of these guys including our QB never played in a playoff game or felt this kind of pressure on the road. We beat a veteran Dallas team that never losses at home and nearly beat a veteran 49ers team with a stacked roster at home.

This young inexperienced team had the hardest road to the SB, and this particular 49ers team is better than the ones Rodgers lost to. You have to catch some breaks and have a little luck to go all the way and we didn't catch them, no pun intended.

The NFL is rooting for both #1 seeds to advance to the SB. There were a lot of questionable calls that we didn’t get. Facemask on Jones, offsides on the 49ers defense that would've kept a crucial drive alive. Clock at 0 when McCaffrey scored that long TD.

At the end of the day inexperience and the usual suspects like "Savage" came back to bite us in the end. Again Joe Barry doesn't deserve to keep his job but he did a great job in these playoff games considering what he was up against and what he was working with on the backend. To hold that offense to 7 points at halftime was a phenomenal job.

Very proud of this team. Nothing to be upset about. I didn't have this team as a serious SB contender until 2025 or 2026. No-one saw this coming and you’re lying if you did. Love and these receivers will  only get even better from here which is scary to think about.

If we finally get the defensive side of the ball worked out this team is in the SB next year no matter what Chicago does. I'm really interested how our cap space situation will look going forward with the Love extension and what players we retain and let walk.

Please, someone start the off-season thread. I'm very interested and excited to discuss which route Gute and MLF goes building the 2024 championship roster.

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 2