49ers [24] Packers [21] - PostGame Thread

CWood21

2 hours ago, Leader said:

I sure hope he does...he has a little bit of a Favre riverboat gambler in him which is ok by me. But as that old Kenny Rogers song goes....You got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them".  Given that it was first down, plenty of time remaining in the game and we had two time outs, it was time to fold and go to the next play.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I've never been less upset after a playoff loss than I was last night. I just really enjoyed the growth of this team over the season. 

MLF deserves massive kudos for bringing that offense along. 

We just outplayed the best team in the NFC, on their field. 

Who had that on their bingo card when we were 3-6? 

Good season for where we started.  Gotta get better,  we won't have the cupcake schedule we had this year.  Looking forward to seeing what they do this offseason.  Love will get extended but not at least until May.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I sure hope he does...he has a little bit of a Favre riverboat gambler in him which is ok by me. But as that old Kenny Rogers song goes....You got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them".  Given that it was first down, plenty of time remaining in the game and we had two time outs, it was time to fold and go to the next play.

It sucked ending on that pick, but especially because of the situation.  Have to have that in mind as the QB even though I’m sure the moment is coming at you fast.  A throw away and a few smart first downs after that maybe Anders gets a shot at redemption to go to OT or maybe we find the perfect hole in the defense and take the W. Bad pick no matter what else could have happened.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Good season for where we started.  Gotta get better,  we won't have the cupcake schedule we had this year.  Looking forward to seeing what they do this offseason.  Love will get extended but not at least until May.

NFCW and AFCS next year will be a tougher schedule for sure. The North is still in turmoil but the bad teams could be better and Detroit still will have plenty of young talent to keep it rolling. 

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

NFCW and AFCS next year will be a tougher schedule for sure. The North is still in turmoil but the bad teams could be better and Detroit still will have plenty of young talent to keep it rolling. 

I'll take those two divisions.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Betcha Nagler would have chastised any fan who came into his mentions complaining about Anders during the season. That’s his favorite thing to do. Only he and his chosen band of bloggers get to criticize the team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

Betcha Nagler would have chastised any fan who came into his mentions complaining about Anders during the season. That’s his favorite thing to do. Only he and his chosen band of bloggers get to criticize the team. 

Wouldnt know. I dont read the comments / commentary. I also dont find Nagler an outward basher of the team or individual players.

Morning reflection:

Initial note: man, what a freaking great game our OL played. Hats off to them. Those guys deserved a win.

I just didn't want to lose THIS way again. Going in I said two things: if we lose, let Love ride out with another solid performance going into the off-season and don't lose because of the foolish gamble at kicker. Lol, well here we are. It just sucks. 

I am fully committed to Love being the guy and being a franchise guy. His last 9 weeks were unbelievable and his last 5 or so weeks were Top 1-3 QB stuff. But mannnn, he had the chance to become a legend last night. Beating SF in their house, doing something 12 couldn't do. And...he just came up small when we needed him the most. We had 3 drives in the late 3rd/4th with the lead. First one was after a D stop and we were up 21-14...Love throws the pick on a bad pass to Kraft. Our D stood tall and held them to 3. 

Now, 21-17, 4th quarter, game on the line, we get the ball again...go 3 and out because Love misses Jones on 3rd and 2...we give the ball back again.

Yet, our D holds again and we get it back. Jones breaks a 50 yarder and Wilson picks up another first down to the 25...the win is there for the taking. 3 plays later, Love can't connect with anyone and Carlson misses. Our D finally breaks and SF takes the lead. 

Then Love throws a terrible pass to end the season. 

Just sucks man, can't stop thinking about that sequence this morning. We had it. Love could have been immortalized with this W. Instead, he had his worst quarter of football in the last 10 weeks at a time when it just couldn't happen. 

I hope he learns from it, remembers it and grows from it. Still, it sucks. 

At the end of the day, it's nothing more than another blown playoff game for the Packers. I saw a figure that no team in the NFL has lost this many games while leading with 5 mins or less in the 4th. It's just a Packers staple at this point I guess. 

Solid season for a young team that exceeded expectations. Hopefully this team is on its way up and there's a lot to be excited about. Looking forward to a good off-season and draft. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Honestly, outside of Houston the AFC South doesn't scare me at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Same with NFC west minus the 49ers. Seattle, Arizona, LA, I'd like them on the schedule every year. 

I'm looking forward to playing the 49ers again as well. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

They could revert to the same OL’ AFCS but Ind might have a defense and mobile QB. Pederson might have Jax playing ball and Hou is a young ascending team. Who knows about Ten but the usually at least play a physical grinding style.  I just think compared to this year’s AFCW and NFCS, we will have some tougher games. 

36 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Morning reflection:

Initial note: man, what a freaking great game our OL played. Hats off to them. Those guys deserved a win.

I just didn't want to lose THIS way again. Going in I said two things: if we lose, let Love ride out with another solid performance going into the off-season and don't lose because of the foolish gamble at kicker. Lol, well here we are. It just sucks. 

I am fully committed to Love being the guy and being a franchise guy. His last 9 weeks were unbelievable and his last 5 or so weeks were Top 1-3 QB stuff. But mannnn, he had the chance to become a legend last night. Beating SF in their house, doing something 12 couldn't do. And...he just came up small when we needed him the most. We had 3 drives in the late 3rd/4th with the lead. First one was after a D stop and we were up 21-14...Love throws the pick on a bad pass to Kraft. Our D stood tall and held them to 3. 

Now, 21-17, 4th quarter, game on the line, we get the ball again...go 3 and out because Love misses Jones on 3rd and 2...we give the ball back again.

Yet, our D holds again and we get it back. Jones breaks a 50 yarder and Wilson picks up another first down to the 25...the win is there for the taking. 3 plays later, Love can't connect with anyone and Carlson misses. Our D finally breaks and SF takes the lead. 

Then Love throws a terrible pass to end the season. 

Just sucks man, can't stop thinking about that sequence this morning. We had it. Love could have been immortalized with this W. Instead, he had his worst quarter of football in the last 10 weeks at a time when it just couldn't happen. 

I hope he learns from it, remembers it and grows from it. Still, it sucks. 

At the end of the day, it's nothing more than another blown playoff game for the Packers. I saw a figure that no team in the NFL has lost this many games while leading with 5 mins or less in the 4th. It's just a Packers staple at this point I guess. 

Solid season for a young team that exceeded expectations. Hopefully this team is on its way up and there's a lot to be excited about. Looking forward to a good off-season and draft. 

I think somebody else mentioned it but it's worth repeating. Seems Love started to play shaky when Tom went out. He clearly did not trust Nijman and his accuracy, decision making went to ****. 

Zach Tom is David Bakhtiari redux, only at RT. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1