Conference Championship: San Francisco 49ers vs Detroit Lions

What a turnaround from last years NFCCG. I'm usually pretty mad after a heartbreaking 49ers postseason loss....last year i was just dumbfounded after that game. Purdy got hurt early on. Johnson was horrible but i was hoping that Shanny could scheme some plays and our supporting cast could help JJ. But once JJ got hurt....the game was over and it was just so unfair as we didn't even have a chance. 

To go from that to today...man. What a 180. 

• Like 2

I disagreed with Dan Campbell on almost every big call today

-He went for it on those 2 4th down's in the 2nd half. I would have kicked the FG on both and you likely make at least 1 of those FG's 

-He ran a running play on 3rd & goal at the end of the game. Got stuffed & needed to use a timeout. Having to kick an onside is such a low probability play. Their best bet was keeping 3 timeouts, kicking off and stopping us. They would have been better off with an incomplete pass & kicking 3 points then scoring 7 & using even 1 TO tbh

-Punted on 4th & 6 at their own 46. They had us reeling at that point. It did end up working out as Purdy threw a INT and they scored a TD right after. But i would have gone for it 

The only one i agreed with was kicking the FG on 4th & goal at the end of the 2nd quarter. I think it was important for them to make it a 3 score game. Which is why i'm surprised he didn't take the FG on the first 4th down in the 2nd half 

3 hours ago, NFL Network said:

Yea the Niners were never as good as everyone kept saying how great they are. Now it's time to just regroup in the off season. 

This guy is a clown. Can we ban this troll? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

-He went for it on those 2 4th down's in the 2nd half. I would have kicked the FG on both and you likely make at least 1 of those FG's 

-He ran a running play on 3rd & goal at the end of the game. Got stuffed & needed to use a timeout. Having to kick an onside is such a low probability play. Their best bet was keeping 3 timeouts, kicking off and stopping us. They would have been better off with an incomplete pass & kicking 3 points then scoring 7 & using even 1 TO tbh

-Punted on 4th & 6 at their own 46. They had us reeling at that point. It did end up working out as Purdy threw a INT and they scored a TD right after. But i would have gone for it 

The only one i agreed with was kicking the FG on 4th & goal at the end of the 2nd quarter. I think it was important for them to make it a 3 score game. Which is why i'm surprised he didn't take the FG on the first 4th down in the 2nd half 

The three score one was the only one I really didn't like. 

I get the tie game one. That's the one he'll get crap for, but that was a 48 yard kick for a kicker that they signed mid season who is sub 70% kicker from 40 yards or more (42 for 61). 

I kind of feel like I'd rather put the ball in my offense's hands in fourth and three 

5 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I didn’t understand a lot of the decisions but they have played like that all season. 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

The three score one was the only one I really didn't like. 

I get the tie game one. That's the one he'll get crap for, but that was a 48 yard kick for a kicker that they signed mid season who is sub 70% kicker from 40 yards or more (42 for 61). 

I kind of feel like I'd rather put the ball in my offense's hands in fourth and three 

Just got more specific data on badgely. He's 59.1% career from 45-49 yards. 

I'm not surprised they don't trust him.

Honestly may have changed my mind on the one to put them up three scores now knowing that

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Detroit was 85% on 4th and 3 or less in plus territory this year. Holy crap

That 1st stop on 4th down completely changed the game.

Both sides stepped up after that.

2 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Also love how good Purdy is as a runner/scrambler. 

Lookin like Vick in Madden 2004.

Lamar took his MVP, so Purdy took Lamar's legs 🙂

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

So the sarcasm aside, the pass wasn't bad at all. If Aiyuk isn't bumped from his pathway, then he has a chance to come down with it without the bounce. The DB just played it over the top from the beginning and wasn't fooled. Shot plays are needed with our system, especially when we get the 1 on 1 match ups. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 3