2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I haven't deep dived into this, don't you need enough open cap space to tag him?

I assume that they are just going to restructure a couple of guys 

24 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I haven't deep dived into this, don't you need enough open cap space to tag him?

They can clear about $40M from restructures, or around $30M from cuts. Haven't dug that deep into their cap situation, so not sure what they'll actually want to do there (they can't do all of that, and won't want to do much of it, that's just what's physically possible), but there's ways to make the space happen if they deem it worth it. But just at a glance, Tyus Bowser's contract looks very much like he's meant to be cut this offseason, for instance.

Hmm the more I look at it, they already have 53 guys signed. I imagine they will cut some guys and restructure. Maduibuke is probably their one and only priority. They might just let OBJ, Queen, and Clowney walk. Stone should be a cheap resigning.

2 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Hmm the more I look at it, they already have 53 guys signed. I imagine they will cut some guys and restructure. Maduibuke is probably their one and only priority. They might just let OBJ, Queen, and Clowney walk. Stone should be a cheap resigning.

Depends on what your idea of cheap is.  I’d imagine Stone probably has a solid FA market.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Depends on what your idea of cheap is.  I’d imagine Stone probably has a solid FA market.

Yeah, I imagine that Stone is probably a guy who prices himself out of Baltimore. Seems a decent enough player, but also one of those that is just good enough to get overpaid and turn into a bad signing

• Like 1

5 hours ago, General Tso said:

They’ll make enough moves to be able to tag him at first and I actually would be surprised if they didn’t work out a long term extension shortly(ish) after the tag and before the season to open up more cap room to sign some of the lower tier FAs we have (guys like Ronald Darby, Kevin Zeitler, Kyle Van Noy, one of Dobbins or Gus Edwards potentially) and the 2024 draft class.

All of the other “premiere” FAs are definitely gone though (Queen, Clowney, Stone, OBJ)

Edited by Ray Reed