2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

Dudes in line for a pretty large pay increase.

Justin Madubuike DL (currently under $1.3 mil yearly)
Antoine Winfield Jr S (currently under $1.9 mil yearly)
L'Jarius Sneed CB (currently under $1 mil yearly)
Jaylon Johnson CB (currently under $1.7 mil yearly)
Tee Higgins WR (currently under $2.2 mil yearly)
Christian Wilkins DT (currently under $3.9 mil yearly)
Josh Allen Edge (currently under $5.7 mil yearly)
Patrick Queen ILB (currently under $3.1 mil yearly)
Jadeveon Clowney (currently under $2.6 mil yearly)
Tyler Biadasz C (currently under $1 mil yearly)
Willie Gay Jr LB (currently under $1.3 mil yearly)
DJ Wonnum Edge (currently under $1.1 mil yearly)
Josh Uche Edge (currently under $1.4 mil yearly)
Dalton Risner OG (currently $3 mil yearly)
Keisean Nixon CB (currently $4 mil yearly)
Bryce Huff Edge (currently under $4.4 mil yearly)
Andrew Van Ginkel (currently under $2.7 mil yearly)
Jonathan Greenard Edge (currently under $1.2 mil yearly)

On 2/16/2024 at 12:23 PM, Forge said:
On 2/16/2024 at 12:21 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Where does Saquon land?

I thought there was a rumor that the Giants were actually considering tagging him again. 

Wouldn't tagging him require a 120% increase? I get that he didn't play on the tag last season, but doesn't this still count as a 2nd tag?

Having Saquan (or any RB) on a $22.6mm tag value would be a fireable offense, IMO.

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Wouldn't tagging him require a 120% increase? I get that he didn't play on the tag last season, but doesn't this still count as a 2nd tag?

Having Saquan (or any RB) on a $22.6mm tag value would be a fireable offense, IMO.

I haven’t heard any rumors of Saquon being tagged again, but his second tag would only be about $12M.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Didn’t he sign a one year deal before the season? Did last year even count as a tag year for him?

I was curious how that worked as well. They definitely "tagged" him, but he didn't sign it I'm pretty sure and instead they reworked it officially as a one year deal. 

45 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Didn’t he sign a one year deal before the season? Did last year even count as a tag year for him?

It was an adjusted franchise tag with a signing bonus and incentives. Either way, a new franchise tag would be the average of the top 5 salaries or 120% of his expiring salary.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Acgott said:

I haven’t heard any rumors of Saquon being tagged again, but his second tag would only be about $12M.

So it's not a 120% increase? I've always gotten that incorrect, I guess.

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So it's not a 120% increase? I've always gotten that incorrect, I guess.

It’s 120% of his current salary, not an additional 120%. If 100% equals the $10.1M, then 120% of that is 12.12

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Acgott said:

It’s 120% of his current salary, not an additional 120%. If 100% equals the $10.1M, then 120% of that is 12.12

Ah... I've always misinterpreted that. Funniest part is that I work in finance/banking. 🤣

• Like 3

On 2/16/2024 at 12:04 PM, Forge said:

Yeah, I imagine that Stone is probably a guy who prices himself out of Baltimore. Seems a decent enough player, but also one of those that is just good enough to get overpaid and turn into a bad signing

Spotrac has him at 3 years, $21.6M ($7.2M AAV) which is probably outside of Baltimore's budget, especially if they're intending to retain Madubuike.  That $7.2M puts him int that 18-24ish range in terms of average salary for safeties.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

If they can't come up with a long term deal by then, the right person to tag is 100% Winfield. Even over Baker. 

I think there was 0% chance that Baker was getting the franchise tag.  They're currently $36M under the cap, and they've got a number of notable FAs.

20 hours ago, ET80 said:

Ah... I've always misinterpreted that. Funniest part is that I work in finance/banking. 🤣

Well that explains the banking crisis...

Just playing. I actually just learned how contracts with high guarantees work when one team has to eat a bunch of dead cap and what the new team still pays like a week ago. 20 years of being an armchair GM but I got it now. Lol

• Like 1