Around The League

Jerry

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Except that Purdy has shown the will to win games (see 2023/24 playoffs) and the 49ers did compete with the Chiefs in this Super Bowl.

I do not understand what "rarely do teams lose the superbowl" means. A team loses the Super Bowl every year.

I think 49ers win easily if Greenlaw doesn’t get injured

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

There's no way of knowing. The easiest answer is that Mahomes was the difference in this game. That's not to say that Purdy played badly. Tua, Allen, and Jackson didn't come throw against the Chiefs either. In fact, I'd argue that Purdy played better than Tua snd Jackson against this great Chiefs defense.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The only good win of AP's tenure 

It was definitely a signature win from his interim season against the eventual Super Bowl Champs. A game they mentioned got them focused after 

Just saw there’s a chance we could open the season vs KC

24 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It was definitely a signature win from his interim season against the eventual Super Bowl Champs. A game they mentioned got them focused after 

I wonder why they couldn't maintain that focus against the Vikings or Colts backup QBs. 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

When we gonna talk about shanny super bowl record why can’t he get over the hump. Can’t blame the qb cause Brock was supposed to be the mvp lol. Now they saying they never talked about ot rules. Kc said they had ot rule talks all postseason. 

57 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Except that Purdy has shown the will to win games (see 2023/24 playoffs) and the 49ers did compete with the Chiefs in this Super Bowl.

I do not understand what "rarely do teams lose the superbowl" means. A team loses the Super Bowl every year.

I mean, rarely do superbowl teams crap the bed and when it's all said and done you say "man alive that team played so bad they had no chance".  Usually, it's a hard fought game and the team that wins is the team that had someone (usually the QB) that has that Michael Jordan mentality slightly more than the other guys. That was Mahomes, I'd rather lean on the fact that Mahomes won the game, he was phenomenal in crunch time (and I hate it). Niners didn't "lose it", but I'd also add that Purdy didn't do nearly enough to "win the game" either. 

It's like @NYRaider said, you need "that guy" if you want to win superbowls for the most part

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Loved how they mentioned we’re the last team to beat kc during the game multiple times 

• Like 1

Being a Raider fan from the peninsula aka Niner country knowing people that jumped ship from Raiders to Niners. Working with some snobby Niner fans. The Chefs were still the lesser of two evils. To those who think I’m dead wrong I understand.

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

I mean, rarely do superbowl teams crap the bed and when it's all said and done you say "man alive that team played so bad they had no chance".  Usually, it's a hard fought game and the team that wins is the team that had someone (usually the QB) that has that Michael Jordan mentality slightly more than the other guys. That was Mahomes, I'd rather lean on the fact that Mahomes won the game, he was phenomenal in crunch time (and I hate it). Niners didn't "lose it", but I'd also add that Purdy didn't do nearly enough to "win the game" either. 

It's like @NYRaider said, you need "that guy" if you want to win superbowls for the most part

The 49ers ran into the same problem they did with Jimmy G, great team, QB doesn't elevate them. Mahomes weapons this year outside of Kelce were all pretty mediocre and he still willed them to a Super Bowl. If you don't have a QB that can match him, you're not going to be relevant any time soon, IMO.

10 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh I’m glad niners lost. I got my bragging rights cause even we beat kc. Niners such a juggernaut but can’t hang with the afc west. Bang bang lol same lame niner gang lol

I’m stealing that last line lmao