Around The League

Jerry

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Our QB room is such a mess that I wouldn't mind bringing in Jameis Winston, who is apparently on the trade block. 

We won't because of politics and the fact we gave Minshew all that $ so he better start. 

I wish we signed Jameis instead of Minshew 

3 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Well we all know you like statue’s in the pocket and pure pocket passers. Penix and Carr are as statue as it gets.

How's Malik Willis doing? Still wanting to trade a few 1sts for Russ? Lance? Drop drawers for Deshaun? 

No? 

You're really not one to cast stones about QBs man. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

How's Malik Willis doing? Still wanting to trade a few 1sts for Russ? Lance? Drop drawers for Deshaun? 

No? 

You're really not one to cast stones about QBs man. 

Deshaun and Russ had great careers. Lance/Malik are busts, sure. And I never had Malik high in my rankings, it was a terrible terrible QB class and he was my favorite QB. I said he had massive superstar upside, which he did. He also had complete bust as his floor. I also was high on many guys people hated that turned into a success like Love. Such as Tua. 

The fact of the matter is, judging by all your QB takes, you live in the 90's. All you care about is passing. You do not care about play extension at all.

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I wish we signed Jameis instead of Minshew 

Agreed. We would be 5-12 either way but at least with Ol’ Crab Legs it would have been a fun roller coaster ride with DA getting 1,500 yards and Winston throwing for 4.5K yards, 32 TD’s and 22 Int’s. 

The press conferences alone would be worth their weight in gold. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Anybody you guys like that were cut? I wouldn’t be mad to take a flier on one of Adrian Martinez / Michael Pratt QB or Kendall Milton RB 

Haha…2 guys from the Fresno area. Stay the same Humble….never change

7 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Agreed. We would be 5-12 either way but at least with Ol’ Crab Legs it would have been a fun roller coaster ride with DA getting 1,500 yards and Winston throwing for 4.5K yards, 32 TD’s and 22 Int’s. 

The press conferences alone would be worth their weight in gold. 

Winston can sling it, would've made the season a lot funner.

3 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Deshaun and Russ had great careers. Lance/Malik are busts, sure. And I never had Malik high in my rankings, it was a terrible terrible QB class and he was my favorite QB. I said he had massive superstar upside, which he did. He also had complete bust as his floor. I also was high on many guys people hated that turned into a success like Love. Such as Tua. 

The fact of the matter is, judging by all your QB takes, you live in the 90's. All you care about is passing. You do not care about play extension at all.

Demonstrably false. 

I was high on McCarthy as well as Penix. I didn't hate Daniels, but his frame concerns me, yes. I was high on Mariota. I've mentioned grabbing Pratt while he's available and seeing of he can pan out on the PS. I loved Josh Allen. I was pimping Jalen Hurts before it was cool. I was cool with Levis. The list goes on and on and on. 

I have absolutely nothing against play extenders who can also throw the ball. That's laughable. I don't fall for the 6'0> midget QBs like Willis or Murray, you're correct there. I don't buy into doing stupid things like trading a fortune for Russ, regardless of his past, because he wouldn't have been made available if his team felt he was still that guy, and it was clear as day to anyone with 2 functioning eyes that although Wilson was always a great highlight reel, he always got bailed out by a strong run game and defense after taking totally unnecessary sacks running around. I don't buy into mobile 1 hit wonders like Zach Wilson, either, because he was simply never good until he played a Covid-weakened SunBelt schedule. I didn't buy into Lamce because he was a D2 player with 8 career games under his belt. I called Trevor Lawrence overrated when it was taboo. I criticized Justin Fields because all he can do is run. I cared not for Bryce Young, because he's smaller than a junior high schooler and Anthony Richardson because he's a horrid passer. I didn't want to touch Caleb because I think he's just the latest overhyped diva. 

Nowhere have I ever said I don't want a mobile QB. Never have I used a QBs mobility or ability to extend plays as a criticism, except for guys like Fields where that's all they have going for them. Whatever you're smoking....probably best to put it down before you make any more PhillyRaider level bad takes. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Haha…2 guys from the Fresno area. Stay the same Humble….never change

Martinez was interesting because of what he did in the other league....but he really didn't look spectacular in the preseason. Like a Luis Perez, he seems to be really good at the next level down, but the NFL is too big for him. 

Pratt, I can sort of buy into. He needs a lot of work, but I think that was expected. Tulane was super reliant on their run game and his ability as a willing runner. Their WRs were garbage and I don't think they really bothered ever working with Pratt as a passer. But the tools are there for someone who wants a project. Really the only downside with him is that he's more of a project than AOC and with us almost certainly going QB next year, he'll struggle to make a 2 QB deep roster. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Three 1sts that year and not one left. Jesus. 

Here's the big question, with RB being the way it is now:

If Zamir White shows out and impresses over the next year or so, does the Jacobs selection even remain good enough to justify a round 1 RB? I mean, Jacobs was solid for us while he was here, but with Sanders (2), Montgomery (3), Singletary (3), and Pollard (4) all going significantly later than our round 2 pick (another underwhelming pick in Mullen), was it really worth who we missed? 

What an ugly draft class that had so much potential. 

• Like 1