Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

12 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Miller wasn’t there with Staley. And never did I say he was a defensive wizard, in fact I voiced concern how much he leaned on Donald and Ramsey. I don’t know what/how much his contributions were. 

Guess you were wrong on both . 

I stand corrected on Miller.  However, you didn't say squat concerning Donald and Ramsey.  That being said, Packers don't need another Joe Barry type D coordinator and that's Staley.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

I stand corrected on Miller.  However, you didn't say squat concerning Donald and Ramsey.  That being said, Packers don't need another Joe Barry type D coordinator and that's Staley.  

Fair point. I guess i didn’t send that post. I didn’t call him a genius though. 

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I gotta say, I was reading about Babich earlier and now seeing him talk. He has a really impressive resume. Units excelled under him 

He might be one of my faves right now.

There are a couple of pretty good possibilities for MLF to check out.  MLF .. do your due diligence, check out your sources, think about your D players talents, run your thoughts by trusted fellow coaches and pull the trigger.  Make the right choice and this team could evolve into something special for years.

Here is a list of DC candidates around the league.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2024/1/24/24049761/2024-nfl-defensive-coordinator-interview-tracker-updates-green-bay-packers-news-rumors

No mention of Leonhard. Is he even pursuing an NFL job? Is he blacklisted because he was offered the Packers job and then turned it down? Or is it still early?

Edited by Brat&Beer

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You know, I wonder if MLF didn't appreciate Leonhard being so candid about getting the offer and turning him down. That's maybe something that pissed him off.

That's what I tend to think. When he went public with the fact that he had received and turned down the offer, he basically broadcasted that Barry was actually MLF's second choice. I suspect there were a lot of people at 1265 who didn't appreciate it. 

Edited by Brat&Beer
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

That's what I tend to think. When he went public with the fact that he had received and turned down the offer, he basically broadcasted that Barry was actually MLF's second choice. I suspect there were a lot of people at 1265 who didn't appreciate it. 

He didn't go public with anything, someone leaked to the beat that Leonhard was offered the job, offered is not accepted. When he declined the offer whoever leaked the news obviously had to go back through those changes and report it.

Leonhard may have burned the bridge with LaFleur by going all the way through the interview process and then bowing out at the very end, but he didn't do anything when it came to the media leaks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He didn't go public with anything, someone leaked to the beat that Leonhard was offered the job, offered is not accepted. When he declined the offer whoever leaked the news obviously had to go back through those changes and report it.

Leonhard may have burned the bridge with LaFleur by going all the way through the interview process and then bowing out at the very end, but he didn't do anything when it came to the media leaks.

So this was all made up? https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/06/jim-leonhard-explains-why-he-turned-down-packers-coordinator-offer/

• Like 3

This was hard to read from 2021 while I was reading about how and when Leonhard didn't the job

(Regarding the guy who DID get hired)

A long-time NFL offensive assistant coach said he he thought Barry was an excellent linebackers coach, but that he was never blown away by how he called games as a coordinator

The reporting on Leonhard was through WSJ, so it has a pro-Leonhard lean and I bet it backfired on him. They very much portray it as LaFleur begging and courting Leonhard who then spurned him last minute and told the world about it the next day.

Yeah, I can see why LaFleur might be done with him.

26 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I always wondered if this story upset LaFleur, or whether he even cared.  I remember reading it back at the time and kind of thinking, wow, this kind of stuff never gets made public.  

• Like 1