Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Some rando from the Pack-a-day podcast is saying "from two separate sources" that Christian Parker is currently in Green Bay and he's being "lead to believe" that we've offered the job to him.

And the Babich dream dies.

Good thing I've been on the Christian Parker team this whole time in disguise!!

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Some rando from the Pack-a-day podcast is saying "from two separate sources" that Christian Parker is currently in Green Bay and he's being "lead to believe" that we've offered the job to him.

I am about to immediately buy in, pending confirmation from a real source. Was my guy the whole time. Yeah baby, that’s the ticket 

I didn't realize Parker was on staff when La Fleur started. Had been thinking they missed each other by a year. But La Fleur already worked with him for a year. 

Parker has one year under each of: Pettine, Fangio, Evero and Joseph.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

From QC coach in 2020 to DC in 2024 would be quite the rise.

My honest reaction is that it’d be better than I felt when they hired Barry, and either way MLF knows that this hire probably determines his future in GB. I would feel fine about it. 

Edited by Isherwood

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I didn't realize Parker was on staff when La Fleur started. Had been thinking they missed each other by a year. But La Fleur already worked with him for a year. 

I just want a different scheme, man. Parker is an up and comer but I want something fresh and some kind of departure from the Fangio scheme.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I figured you would like that bit. Whether or not he will match a scheme to personnel and/or be flexible in scheme, he presumably CAN do it with such a scheme diverse exposure. 

Edited by DWhitehurst
  • Like 1

Thought these were some interesting blurbs regarding Parker.  I am intrigued

Broncos defensive coordinator who leaned on Parker to learn Vic Fangio’s defense this past season was very complimentary of Parker. He called him “sharp”, and a “star” and that players love playing for him.

“He’s sharp, man. He’s a star, He’s a great partner to work with. As a veteran coach, I’ve coordinated for about seven years now. Speaking with Christian every day and bouncing ideas off him, from what he’s done with Fangio and guys in the past has been fun. We’re making changes and growing off what they did last year. He’s smart, he works his butt off, and his players love playing for him. He’s a star.”

Parker has been credited with the development of the Broncos secondary during his time with the team. Patrick Surtain has turned into one of the top cornerbacks in the league and players like Ja’Quan McMillian, P.J. Locke, and others have developed with him as their coach. As Joseph noted, he is well-liked and the fact he has survived multiple head coaching changes shows how people feel about him as a coach. He is a deserving candidate for this opportunity

Report: Packers have interviewed Broncos’ DBs coach Christian Parker for their defensive coordinator job

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

From QC coach in 2020 to DC in 2024 would be quite the rise.

I like Parker, but I hope the search continues into next week.  Seems there are still a handful of guys that LaFleur needs to talk to.   

I asked a bronco fan buddy of mine about Parker .. word out of Denver is that he's terrific, and considered by the insiders there to be a steal for anyone that can pry him away.  He's on the coaching fast track it seems and is highly respected there.  He's worked under four different DCs in his young career (Pettine, Fangio, Ejiro Evero & Vance Joseph).  We could do worse I'm sure.  I really think LaFleur likes a collaborative approach with his coaches, and a younger guy might be more in tune with his coaching style than an old crusty vet.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 2

Honestly I think there's no rush to hire Christian Parker. His only other interview was with the Patriots and that position was filled a short while ago.

I can't imagine he has the network to build his own defensive staff at his age. I assume by hiring him we would be keeping all our defensive staff so there's no reason to worry about hiring Parker quickly to bring in order to bring in the best position coaches. He already knows most of the coaches from his time as a quality control coach and now all of a sudden he's their boss!

We can just take our time and see what happens after the conference championship games and see what talented coaches shake loose after the games been played.

Edited by Chili

Just now, Hugh_Mann said:

I hope he would not be strongly recommended/forced to keep all the current defensive position coaches
too many of them have been a part of the failed status quo for far too long

Absolutely not. Let the man build his own staff ffs.