Justin Jefferson: Jets cleared for takeoff for 5 years (New contract! p.10)

vike daddy

Kwesi: “We are elated to sign Justin, and I want to thank him, his family, his representation, our staff, specifically Rob Brzezinski and Emily Badis, and the Wilf family for helping complete this monumental contract. From the moment I arrived in Minnesota, Justin has consistently proven to be one of the best players in the NFL on and off the field, and we are excited about having him as a cornerstone of our team for a long time to come. He is the living embodiment of our culture with his joyful dedication to process and our goals. We couldn’t be more excited for Justin and his family.”

KO:Justin is an exceptionally talented player and an incredible person that I am honored to coach and have as a team captain. His positive energy and love for the game shows up every single day as he works to be the best at his craft. As coaches, we will do our part in helping him maximize his ability. I’m grateful to the Wilfs, Kwesi, Rob Brzezinski, and our staff for ensuring one of the brightest stars in professional sports will continue his career as a Minnesota Viking.”

vikings.com

• Like 1

Bosa’s $34M AAV deal last year was the 15.1% of the 2023 salary cap. 

Jefferson’s $35M AAV extension is 13.7% of this year’s cap. 

For a time where we’ve been seeing a lot of the top of the market deals follow the percentage of the cap model, this is a very good deal. 

• Like 5

It's a ton of money, but 100% worth the money. I saw someone do the conversion on Calvin Johnson's big contract to current cap, looks like basically the same as that deal years ago just adjusted. I am excited to see what Jefferson does these next 5 years.

• Like 5

Mark and Zygi Wilf: “Over the first four seasons of his career, Justin entrenched himself as the best wide receiver and one of the most electric players in the NFL. He is a special talent, a committed teammate and an excellent representative of the Vikings. Justin has earned this contract, and we are thrilled he will remain a Minnesota Viking for a very long time.”

vikings.com

• Like 1

With Jets now locked up long-term here is where he stands, through 4 seasons, in the Vikings record books.

Receptions (365) - 10th, he needs 114 receptions this year to surpass Anthony Carter for 5th place

Yards (5,899) - 8th, he needs 1,738 yards this year to surpass Antony Carter for 3rd place

TDs (30) - 9th, he needs 5 TDs this year to surpass Ahmad Rashad for 7th place and 19 TDs to surpass Kyle Rudolph for 6th place.

It will be fun to watch Jets climb the leaderboards with JJ slinging the rock!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Any chance Chase or Lamb get more dough than Jefferson at this point?

Lamb has no shot at getting that much dough...Chase has a chance, but I still think he might fall a little short...he's been the closest comparison, but even he hasn't done what JJ has. 

• Like 2