Justin Jefferson: Jets cleared for takeoff for 5 years (New contract! p.10)

vike daddy

"I'm imagining a scenario in which the NFL's most talented receiver simply explodes in his prime, possibly at a record setting tune, which could lead to a wide receiver winning the MVP award for the first time."

- Brad Gagnon of Bleacher Report discussing Vikings WR Justin Jefferson

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

"I'm imagining a scenario in which the NFL's most talented receiver simply explodes in his prime, possibly at a record setting tune, which could lead to a wide receiver winning the MVP award for the first time."

- Brad Gagnon of Bleacher Report discussing Vikings WR Justin Jefferson

Make it so!!!

• Like 1

This is a bit of a side note, but I was playing Madden franchise one time. I had a star QB and RB, but the RB went OFF. Literally 3000 yards rushing and an insane amount of TDs. My QB, while he had the most passing yards and TDs in the league, they were actually pretty in line with the other QBs in the league. 

Guess who won MVP, my QB or my RB? lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2024 at 3:25 PM, vike daddy said:

Via Terry Lefton of Sports Business Journal, several major NFL stars recently traveled to Canada for a “gladiator-themed” Pepsi commercial. The NFL players in the spot include Bills quarterback Josh Allen, Ravens running back Derrick Henry, Vikings receiver Justin Jefferson and Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, per the report.

Lefton suggests that Pepsi has some sort of arrangement with Gladiator II, which will debut later this year. The commercial comes before that, just as the 2024 season gets started. So Pepsi is getting paid to push the sequel to Gladiator, and various NFL players are getting paid to push Pepsi as gladiators.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/big-nfl-stars-film-gladiator-themed-pepsi-commerical

gladiator-entertained.jpg

Ironically, Florio told me directly on Twitter that I need to see the first Gladiator, as I told him I had never seen it after I asked whether it was really anticipated or not.  🤣 My children were little when it came out, and didn't have any money, so I never really went to the theater ever during that time period.  It was a lot of Disney DVDs. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

Cowboys wide receiver CeeDee Lamb is looking for an extension and the failure to land one kept him from taking part in the team’s offseason program this spring. It also earned him more than $100,000 in fines for skipping the team’s mandatory minicamp and there may be more fines coming later this month.

Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News reports that Lamb is not expected to report to training camp in Oxnard, California if he has not come to an agreement with the team on a new pact. The Cowboys hold their first training camp practice on July 25.

Other wideouts have landed deals around the league this offseason and those have provided some shape to the top of the market at the position, but it remains to be seen if it will help Lamb and the Cowboys finally settle on a number that works for both sides.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-ceedee-lamb-is-not-expected-at-training-camp-without-new-deal

23 hours ago, swede700 said:

Ironically, Florio told me directly on Twitter that I need to see the first Gladiator, as I told him I had never seen it after I asked whether it was really anticipated or not.  🤣 My children were little when it came out, and didn't have any money, so I never really went to the theater ever during that time period.  It was a lot of Disney DVDs. 

Gladiator is one of my favorite movies of all time. Very, very rewatchable. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

JJ, motivate your dude to keep hitting the weight room too haha!

I know people will point to Hill and Waddle or Brown and Smith...but JJ and JA are going to be the best receiving duo in the league this season!  Yes...I am completely dispassionate and analytical about this!!  SKOL!

• Like 3

Addison: Justin is a really humble superstar, just coming in and just helping me. He was a top receiver and they drafted another first-round receiver, so not a lot of people would take that well. I feel like he did a good job of coaching me up and making sure I was prepared.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jordan-addison-humble-superstar-justin-jefferson-helped-me-as-a-rookie

• Like 2