Justin Jefferson: JJets cleared for takeoff for 5 years (New contract! p.10)

vike daddy

34 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

According to the voice of the Vikings, Paul Allen: “The Minnesota Vikings have ZERO interest in trading Justin Jefferson.”

BleedingPurple.com

As they should. Nobody is going to give the Vikings anything close to the value that Jefferson has for this team.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GermanVike said:

As they should. Nobody is going to give the Vikings anything close to the value that Jefferson has for this team.

And that value will only go down if they can’t agree to a contract extension and it’s in to July/August with a potential hold out looming. 

Hopefully something, one way other another, happens soon. If it’s extension, please no, no trade clause

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

According to the voice of the Vikings, Paul Allen: “The Minnesota Vikings have ZERO interest in trading Justin Jefferson.”

BleedingPurple.com

PA basically telling everyone also to not believe anything Charley Walters writes.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is zero interest the same as no intention?

No, because zero interest means they really aren't even taking phone calls.  No intention means they are still picking up the phone, but don't really want to trade him.  😉

36 minutes ago, swede700 said:

No, because zero interest means they really aren't even taking phone calls.  No intention means they are still picking up the phone, but don't really want to trade him.  😉

But would they pick up the phone if his demands are unreasonable and he won't budge?

7 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

This is all hypothetical of course.  I do think that a deal will get done

I do as well.  I think all this nonsense coming from Charley Walters is just that...nonsense.  Nothing he has stated has ever been corroborated by anyone else.  It's like I said on Twitter:

Any "steam" that comes from Charley is self-created by sitting in a sauna or something by himself thinking about what will get people to pay attention to his dribble.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, vike daddy said:

jj2.jpg

Kwesi: "We think he's the best wide receiver in the NFL and should be compensated as such."

That is great but fact is would anyone rather have Justin Jefferson than CJ Stroud right now for the next five years?  I know I wouldn't and I really doubt the Texans would even entertain the offer to trade the two.  Would anyone rather have Justin Jefferson over Caleb Williams?  If that was possible I might move in the Caleb Williams direction long term over having a WR like Justin Jefferson long term.

Granted ideal situation is a guy like Daniels or Drake Maye ideally falls to #11 and the Vikings take him and do not resign Kirk Cousins.  Josh McCown was Drake Maye's assistant coach in high school.  That to me gives hope to having a guy like Justin Jefferson long term.  Because if we just have Kirk Cousins at some ridiculous contract number, it will just be more the same with less talent on the roster because of all the money those two will be getting combined.