Justin Jefferson: JJets cleared for takeoff for 5 years (New contract! p.10)

vike daddy

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

would you trade away Randy Moss? Jerry Rice?

The Vikings did trade Randy Moss when he was only 27 years old and probably the best WR in the NFL at that time.

As for Jefferson, I believe if Cousins isn’t resign and walks in FA, Jefferson will not sign here. There is a reason why he didn’t sign yet. 

So, the answer is still yes to trading Jefferson. 

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Kirk Cousins signing or not signing with the Vikings is not going to be the deciding factor for Jefferson. He’s said as much. 

c'mon man, when have direct quotes from the guys in question ever mattered when it comes to fans telling us what their motivations are?

sheesh, what are you, a realist?

19 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

The Vikings did trade Randy Moss when he was only 27 years old and probably the best WR in the NFL at that time.

yes, and how did that go for us?

but anything from the Red McCombs era doesn't relate to now.

25 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

yes, and how did that go for us?

but anything from the Red McCombs era doesn't relate to now.

Your right, not good…

And it is a much different game now. I just wouldn’t make Jefferson the highest paid WR. Having a top notch WR ( highest paid yet ) doesn’t get us to the SB. 

Again, that’s just me. 

• Like 1

Where did everyone get the tickets to Jefferson head? A lot of people around here talk with such certainty when in reality its all just ones opinion.

Why would Jefferson hitch his carriage to Cousins future? a man who will be 36 when the season starts. Sure he may echo some sentiment towards the only starting QB he has played with but that doesn't mean its Kirk or hold out for him.

But then again what do I know, maybe he is.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Jerry Jeudy just got a 3 year/$58MM extension from the Browns with $41MM guaranteed. 

JJ's contract is going to be a monster.

That's $19M per year...so double it for our JJ.  🤣

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Kevin O'Connell revealed that Justin Jefferson did not report to the first day of Vikings voluntary workouts.

KOC: "We want him here as much as we can have him but also understand there are a lot of factors involved… My hope is we can get him around the team. Obviously such a special player, but it goes beyond that, especially this time of year because of just the energy and the flat out way he comes in this building and goes to work and his teammates respond to him."

vikings.com

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Incoming more trade speculation

yup. nor would any team trade for him before he's under contract again.

edit: yes, he's under contract now, but i should have written a long term contract.

Edited by vike daddy