Will the Ravens ever win the Superbowl with Lamar Jackson?

Slingin' Sammy

The objective answer to this thread is that

a. lamar is very underwhelming in the playoffs sans 1 performance 

b. lamar is one of the best QBs in the NFL during the regular season so he’s going to have multiple more opportunities to rewrite point a

After that it’s anyone’s guess as to what happens. Don’t blame the people on either side in this argument tbh, they both have points to cling to

• Like 4

Just now, Chiefer said:

I mean Chiefs secondary is better than most teams, the Chiefs have shut down almost everybody. That’s not really a knock on the Ravens talent

We don't really have good WR's as a baseline, but it also just speaks to how asinine our gameplan was that we really thought we could just go out there and throw for 60 minutes against that secondary with our WR's.

Just now, LeotheLion said:

That video has like 5 throws, and 2 of those clips the players have a step and Lamar sails the ball. 

"had a step" those guys are clamped, and it was like that all day. Lamar literally had to be perfect on every single throw and these are throws 20-30+ yards down the field. It's unreasonable to expect any qb to consistently do that.

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

The objective answer to this thread is that

a. lamar is very underwhelming in the playoffs sans 1 performance 

b. lamar is one of the best QBs in the NFL during the regular season so he’s going to have multiple more opportunities to rewrite point a

After that it’s anyone’s guess as to what happens. Don’t blame the people on either side in this argument tbh, they both have points to cling to

I don't think anyone is stating "LAMAR WILL WIN A SUPERBOWL"

The boldest pro-Lamar takes are just "I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he wins a Super Bowl," which is countered by "HE WILL NEVER WIN AND WILL SUCK IN THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE REST OF HIS CAREER"

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We don't really have good WR's as a baseline, but it also just speaks to how asinine our gameplan was that we really thought we could just go out there and throw for 60 minutes against that secondary with our WR's.

Yeah, this is a Spagz specialty. Idk why, but teams tend to turn away from what they do best, or fail at it, when they go against his defense. But there were plenty of plays to be made, which is why I’d remain hopeful if I’m a Ravens fan. 

if yall don’t have three turnovers you have a good chance of winning that game. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

At least my guy shows up in the post season. His last game would have been a career one for Samuel Jackson. 

@Ray Reed

Are you really gonna talk crap about a guy that just won the Super Bowl and carried the offense? Like really? Is this the best you got? In one playoff run he doubled Lamar’s career total. He lost by 1 point on the road that had the best team in the NFC on the ropes with the second youngest roster in the nfl. Like use your head brother. He also went to Bal and smacked you guys around and was dropping Dimes. Took yall to
OT and a missed holding call on the punt return. But yes brother him. 

Matthew Stafford has a passer rating of 101.7 with 2,463 yards, 15 touchdowns and 6 interceptions in 8 games in the playoffs in his career.

Lamar Jackson has a passer rating of 75.7 with 1,324 yards, 6 touchdowns and 6 interceptions in 6 games in the playoffs in his career.

The guy that actually shows up when it matters most. yes brother the guy with the ring. 

Edited by El Ramster

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"had a step" those guys are clamped, and it was like that all day. Lamar literally had to be perfect on every single throw and these are throws 20-30+ yards down the field. It's unreasonable to expect any qb to consistently do that.

4 of those routes were fades/gos. You aren't going to get yards of separation on those plays unless the corners blow their coverage or suck. The entire game Lamar missed that pass long and/or out of bounds making it impossible for the WRs to catch the ball or draw PI. I didn't like how many gos the Ravens ran yesterday but when you are throwing all those balls out of bounds or long, that is on the QB. 

My expectation isn't for Lamar to be perfect. He needed to be average to win that game yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah, this is a Spagz specialty. Idk why, but teams tend to turn away from what they do best, or fail at it, when they go against his defense. But there were plenty of plays to be made, which is why I’d remain hopeful if I’m a Ravens fan. 

if yall don’t have three turnovers you have a good chance of winning that game. 

I mean yeah there were palys to be made in what I would call "garbage time" (in that it really wasn't garbage time, but it sure did feel like it).

The goal line fumble was a great play by Sneed. The strip sack was a great play by Omenihu. The INT was blatant DPI but a horrible decision by Lamar when we could've just kicked a FG and made it a one-score game.

But I mean outside of that it was just like watching people bang their heads against a wall for like 50 minutes straight. 

Just now, LeotheLion said:

4 of those routes were fades/gos. You aren't going to get yards of separation on those plays unless the corners blow their coverage or suck. The entire game Lamar missed that pass long and/or out of bounds making it impossible for the WRs to catch the ball or draw PI. I didn't like how many gos the Ravens ran yesterday but when you are throwing all those balls out of bounds or long, that is on the QB. 

My expectation isn't for Lamar to be perfect. He needed to be average to win that game yesterday. 

As opposed to missing those throws inside and getting them picked? lol

He was average yesterday. That's exactly what he was. He made enough plays to win that game tbh

8 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I don't think anyone is stating "LAMAR WILL WIN A SUPERBOWL"

The boldest pro-Lamar takes are just "I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he wins a Super Bowl," which is countered by "HE WILL NEVER WIN AND WILL SUCK IN THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE REST OF HIS CAREER"

You can blame Mahomes for that. He’s ruined the narratives on what QBs should play like in the post season. Reminds me of that Jordan commercial! Blame me or maybe 

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean yeah there were palys to be made in what I would call "garbage time" (in that it really wasn't garbage time, but it sure did feel like it).

The goal line fumble was a great play by Sneed. The strip sack was a great play by Omenihu. The INT was blatant DPI but a horrible decision by Lamar when we could've just kicked a FG and made it a one-score game.

But I mean outside of that it was just like watching people bang their heads against a wall for like 50 minutes straight. 

The goal line fumble was completely preventable, and a classic rookie mistake. Also blatant? I think he blatantly threw into triple coverage personally, and shouldn’t be rewarded for that lol

i think the tripping Hill did on Chris Jones inside the endzone was pretty blatant and should’ve been an automatic safety and a chiefs possession instead of a Lamar march down the field. But hey it all evens itself out at the end of the day.