Will the Ravens ever win the Superbowl with Lamar Jackson?

Slingin' Sammy

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Why are you telling me his playoff record? 2-5 yes I know. What other MVPs choked that hard? Run to Twitter and show me. 

The crazy part is that you're literally replying to a conversation about Peyton Manning in his first 6 years in the league....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

High pressure meaning game on the line stuff, not personal stat collecting pressure, no one cares about that during a game (or shouldn't). 

Lamar is great when they are blowing teams out. He played great against Houston once they got a lead and it was obvious the Texans offense wasn't doing anything. That's a low pressure playoff game. 

I don't really follow this logic. Lamar is the reason they are blowing out teams, not vice versa. So yeah, when Lamar plays well we blow teams out. When he doesn't, we don't? That's kinda basic stuff.

32 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Still waiting to hear how “Peyton carried the Colts” with his 3 TDs and 7 INTs that postseason, including his 0TD 2ONT game vs Bal they won 15-9 off the leg of Vinny and their “worst D ever”

I literally answered that already. When I said it was his defense that stepped up and shut down Larry. Hello? Can you read? He carried those bums to the playoff. They turned it up no doubt. Basically what the chiefs do in the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

I literally answered that already. When I said it was his defense that stepped up and shut down Larry. Hello? Can you read? He carried those bums to the playoff. They turned it up no doubt. Basically what the chiefs do in the playoffs. 

So Peyton choked but his D and K carried him to his first SB?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaddHatter said:

So Peyton choked but his D and K carried him to his first SB?

Hey man whatever you say brother. I’m not the one comparing manning to Lamar. But just like the Dak thread where I showed you how wrong you are/were. You can put Lamar 1-2-3 whatever makes you happy man.. If Pey had this defense ooof! Who knows marone! 

Lamar haters 5

Lamer lovers 2

By equation we OUTCHEA. 

Typically someone realizes the flaws in their argument and atleast has enough integrity to budge part way at minimum, if not fully concede.

Can Lamar develop out of being a Choker or is that permanent? In his DNA? A mental deficiency?

Can Mahomes develop into a Choker, or is the “clutch” factor permanent? In his DNA? A mental capability others lack?

18 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Bob Sanders carried the Colts D in the 2006 playoffs. Loved that dude. Would have been a top 10 safety ever if injury luck was on his side.

I couldn’t believe when he won DPOY.

i know he deserved it but during those times usually it was from a high ranking D. Bob threw his body like a missile into everything and everybody. But to be fair Marhis, Freeney were always ready. Loved me some Gary Brackett too.

i met him and his wife, dude was so small but never met a wider thicker person in my life. Lat man. 

Edited by El Ramster
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Hey man whatever you say brother. I’m not the one comparing manning to Lamar. But just like the Dak thread where I showed you how wrong you are/were. You can put Lamar 1-2-3 whatever makes you happy man.. If Pey had this defense ooof! Who knows marone! 

Lamar haters 5

Lamer lovers 2

By equation we OUTCHEA. 

I guarantee you if Lamar went through 4 playoff games with 3 TDs and 7 TOs and had a game with 0 TDs and 2 INTs but still won a Super Bowl, you would bash him and refuse to shed the “choker” label.  He’d have a ring DESPITE his efforts, blah blah blah

3 hours ago, El Ramster said:

predator-handshake.gif

You do shine baby. You really do. It’s always the misunderstood that are the real ones. NGL though that game thread where you thought they were calling you crazy had me rolling. I’m like that’s my dawg. Shoot first ask questions later. 

tumblr-o1d7asn-Xxg1rp0vkjo1-500.gif

I'll throw my hat in the Predator gif game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

I guarantee you if Lamar went through 4 playoff games with 3 TDs and 7 TOs and had a game with 0 TDs and 2 INTs but still won a Super Bowl, you would bash him and refuse to shed the “choker” label.  He’d have a ring DESPITE his efforts, blah blah blah

Maybe idk.. I love Mahomes and Purdy. I love winners big dawg Pey won.. You’re asking for time in asking for results.. He won 2 baby we might not be alive in 4-6-12 years to witness this miracle on ice. 

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Maybe idk.. I love Mahomes and Purdy. I love winners big dawg Pey won.. You’re asking for time in asking for results.. He won 2 baby we might not be alive in 4-6-12 years to witness this miracle on ice. 

He has none at 6yrs which is all the time you’ve given Lamar.  His first win was despite his own performances, but you said I couldn’t compare the two, Peyton is top 5 goat status and Lamar isn’t even top 2 currently blah blah blah

1 minute ago, MaddHatter said:

He has none at 6yrs which is all the time you’ve given Lamar.  His first win was despite his own performances, but you said I couldn’t compare the two, Peyton is top 5 goat status and Lamar isn’t even top 2 currently blah blah blah

You knew that ring was coming though.. I don’t think he’ll beat Mahomes, Burrow and Josh. Pey was undoubtedly the best second best Qb in his prime. Which is where I think our confusion is becoming. There’s a mountain of guys Lamar has to get thru. This was a weak year for the AFC, everything went right for BAL. EVERYTHING an and they couldn’t capitalize. It’s gonna get harder. I will admit a ravens fan made a great point. None of the great ravens teams won sans 2000.. Their most crappies sloppiest and oldest team took it with Flacco being possessed by satan himself.. guy went in and d slap errybody. Luck went full Lamar,

peyton battled like the dawg he is, but the dragon was too much(that bomb was all satan), Brady magic/voodoo was no match for  Lucifer himself. That man was cooking with a volcano as a stove my guy. He was on one. I was rooting for Joe and the ravens that year, it was like watching Eli and the Giants go and do it. 

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Fair points but I disagree. If being a dominant regular season team doesn't translate to playoff success, you need to play the regular season as training for the playoffs, even if it means fewer wins.

If in the playoffs you know a team will plug all the gaps and shut down the run, you better be ready to execute an all-pass attack. The Ravens just don't prepare their players for that in their dominant regular seasons.

I don't think volume is the issue. It's passing when the defense is expecting it. If you want to get him over that hump (95% of QBs struggle in that scenario) then I would advise you go down two scores at the beginning of every game and let him work it out next season. That's a plan I approve of.

• Like 1