Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not going to bank on that, but I'm pretty happy to be here. I think it was a successful season win or lose. 

I'm honestly surprised to see you say that. Not that I think you are overly negative all the time, but I think you get carried down that rabbit hole at times.

Saw a replay of good morning football, since Frank G is a advisor for the niners if we win the game he will get a ring? One of the best things I've heard in a while.

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

I'm honestly surprised to see you say that. Not that I think you are overly negative all the time, but I think you get carried down that rabbit hole at times.

Saw a replay of good morning football, since Frank G is a advisor for the niners if we win the game he will get a ring? One of the best things I've heard in a while.

I thought we were the best nfc team by quite a bit, so not getting to the super bowl would have been a colossal failure imo.  

AFC is a tougher road to sled and I couldn't say we were the best in the NFL. So losing this game is understandable to me. 

Winning is just so hard unless you have mahomes and Brady.

That won't stop people from crushing shanny with the narrative though

• Like 2

I wondered how I’d feel going into this one. I wasn’t shy from the start of the playoffs saying I was hoping if we were in the SB then I felt like we matched up best with the chiefs and would like them to win the AFC because of that. Now they it happened, I still feel the same way. Chiefs aren’t that good and we match up well. They are however hot right now and we are not. But hot can change on any given day. 

I think Niners will run on the Chiefs. And I think the Chiefs will sell out against it, so Purdy and Deebo will have a big day. Purdy will come out like a veteran. I think Kittle sneaks in for a score as well. 

Defense is a whole different story. But I think we’ll take Kelce out of the game as best we can, which may lead to some no name WR blowing up and getting some annoying third down and long conversions. But ultimately, Chiefs will struggle too much in the red zone to win this one. 

Shanny goes full foot on throat in this one and runs up the score to over compensate for his past Super Bowl mistakes. 

Purdy: 22/31 for 323 and 3 TDs

CMC: 29 for 115 and a TD

Deebo:165 total yards, 1 rushing and 1 receiving TD

Aiyuk: 4 for 95 and a TD

Kittle: 5 for 60 and a TD

49ers 38

Chiefs 23

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Those elite of the elite offenses didn't meet great results on the whole lol

I mean majority of them had average to below defenses for the season. Of course, the Chiefs pulled it off twice with that formula lol. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean majority of them had average to below defenses for the season. Of course, the Chiefs pulled it off twice with that formula lol. 

So they were basically this year's 49ers since week 11? lol 

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Interesting remarks on the ACL injury. That really did mess him up. Sucks for pretty boy.

Definitely hurt him a bit but some revisionist history as he wasn't looking all that great in the first three games even with his ACL in tact. 

Just now, Forge said:

So they were basically this year's 49ers since week 11? lol 

You can say that. But that Pats defense in 2017 was legit one of the worst defenses I have ever seen from a top SB contender. Crazy thing is the following year they pretty much won the SB with their defense lol. 

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely hurt him a bit but some revisionist history as he wasn't looking all that great in the first three games even with his ACL in tact. 

True. But that's such a small sample size it's negligible. I've seen Drew Brees start a season (2007) worse three games in. And Ryan Fitzpatrick look like dynamite (2018). It's whatever. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe