Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Torn Achilles already confirmed by Shanny. 

Just brutal having two defensive players coming off these types of injuries.

The defense defended Mahomes as good as you can in both Super Bowls and it still did not matter. 

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

He's presence was definitely missed.

Could have had a few more stops with Dre on the field.

Just felt when we needed a big stop, we were missing Dre and Hufanga to make a special play. 

That blitz call still baffles me but Wilks called a great game overall. Can't stop greatness for the entire game. 

The offensive line failed vs the Rams and tonight. Sucks. 

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Greenlaw's probably not getting another contract from the 49ers. Too injury prone, and the cap will get tighter. Sucks. 

Better question is when can he return next season? Unless Graham or Winters are the answer, LB becomes a pressing need. These injuries usually take a year to recover from. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Better question is when can he return next season? Unless Graham or Winters are the answer, LB becomes a pressing need. These injuries usually take a year to recover from. 

I could see them bringing in a free agent. 

From what little I saw of both Graham & Winters, neither really looks ready.

Could be different for both come training camp but I'd really like someone with experience to be added in there.

I don't Burks is athletic enough, nor that adapt in coverage to man Dre's spot.

He looks and plays like a back-up/ST type.

6 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

That was always going to happen if they lost. He was just never going to avoid the criticism. 

I'm underwhelmed with his performance in this game, but also the players did a lot  to lose this game independent of what he did. 

• Like 2

Feliciano's loss was so big. Burford is legitimately the worst guard in the game or right there with the worst. 

How we just forget to use Kittle in these big games is so baffling to me. 

All three SB losses have been there for the taking and we just could not make that one play on offense. 

Oh well, on to next season…. 

Condolences guys. Was rooting for you. Def must sting and that sucks. I think the players all played well and executed well. 

Game is on Shanahan and Wilks imo. 

Wilks had a great first half. Played conservative in the second half, played stubborn, played with no creativity, played not to lose, and refused to adjust. 

As for Shanahan, I thought his game-plan was too conservative. He didn’t let Purdy take many risks. He had a few innovative plays, but for the most part, in Chief territory, his plays were kind of vanilla and basic. His drives stalled in Chief territory, his plays lacked creativity, were too conservative (vast majority), and way wayyyyy too scared of turnovers and it showed. I really didn’t like most of his play-designs in enemy territory. 

Reid’s play designs in 49er territory in the second half were extremely creative, very clever, and were risky plays that he wasn’t afraid to make. 

Switch the coaching staffs and Niners win by 14. 

Shanny is also responsible for hiring Wilks which I said on record is a terrible hire and I do not understand it. He is not creative, has a bland scheme, and stuck in his old ways. He’s easily figured out in the second half of football games. 

Am I hating on Kyle? Not at all. He’s a great coach. But coaching was the issue here, unlike 2019, where Jimmy’s arm just wasn’t good enough to make clutch throws. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Feliciano's loss was so big. Burford is legitimately the worst guard in the game or right there with the worst. 

How we just forget to use Kittle in these big games is so baffling to me. 

All three SB losses have been there for the taking and we just could not make that one play on offense. 

Oh well, on to next season…. 

I'd be fine with taking a right tackle in the first, resigning Feliciano, and letting Feliciano, Burford, and McKivitz battle it out at RG. 

• Like 4