Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

Condolences guys. Was rooting for you. Def must sting and that sucks. I think the players all played well and executed well. 

Game is on Shanahan and Wilks imo. 

Wilks had a great first half. Played conservative in the second half, played stubborn, played with no creativity, played not to lose, and refused to adjust. 

As for Shanahan, I thought his game-plan was too conservative. He didn’t let Purdy take many risks. He had a few innovative plays, but for the most part, in Chief territory, his plays were kind of vanilla and basic. His drives stalled in Chief territory, his plays lacked creativity, were too conservative (vast majority), and way wayyyyy too scared of turnovers and it showed. I really didn’t like most of his play-designs in enemy territory. 

Reid’s play designs in 49er territory in the second half were extremely creative, very clever, and were risky plays that he wasn’t afraid to make. 

Switch the coaching staffs and Niners win by 14. 

Shanny is also responsible for hiring Wilks which I said on record is a terrible hire and I do not understand it. He is not creative, has a bland scheme, and stuck in his old ways. He’s easily figured out in the second half of football games. 

Am I hating on Kyle? Not at all. He’s a great coach. But coaching was the issue here, unlike 2019, where Jimmy’s arm just wasn’t good enough to make clutch throws. 

Weird, because Shanahan is the one who called a trick play that led to a WR throwing a touchdown pass, and I didn't think Reid's play calling was all that creative. He just did a fantastic job at finding mismatches and taking advantage of them

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That was always going to happen if they lost. He was just never going to avoid the criticism. 

I'm underwhelmed with his performance in this game, but also the players did a lot  to lose this game independent of what he did. 

A bad STs unit played bad. 

CMC fumbled for the third time inside the 25 yard line. 

It is what it is but we all knew the STs unit was a problem all season. Moody missed one kick in all three postseason games. 

Our OL is not a good pass blocking unit and when Feliciano left the game, it got even worse.

This really was our year and we could not close the deal. 

• Like 2

Just now, struby3 said:

Weird, because Shanahan is the one who called a trick play that led to a WR throwing a touchdown pass, and I didn't think Reid's play calling was all that creative. He just did a fantastic job at finding mismatches and taking advantage of them

A couple plays doesn’t exclude most of his vanilla/basic play-designs that led to 4th downs in enemy territory. Rewatch the sequencing leading up to all the 4th downs. Really bad. 

3 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Condolences guys. Was rooting for you. Def must sting and that sucks. I think the players all played well and executed well. 

Game is on Shanahan and Wilks imo. 

Wilks had a great first half. Played conservative in the second half, played stubborn, played with no creativity, played not to lose, and refused to adjust. 

As for Shanahan, I thought his game-plan was too conservative. He didn’t let Purdy take many risks. He had a few innovative plays, but for the most part, in Chief territory, his plays were kind of vanilla and basic. His drives stalled in Chief territory, his plays lacked creativity, were too conservative (vast majority), and way wayyyyy too scared of turnovers and it showed. I really didn’t like most of his play-designs in enemy territory. 

Reid’s play designs in 49er territory in the second half were extremely creative, very clever, and were risky plays that he wasn’t afraid to make. 

Switch the coaching staffs and Niners win by 14. 

Shanny is also responsible for hiring Wilks which I said on record is a terrible hire and I do not understand it. He is not creative, has a bland scheme, and stuck in his old ways. He’s easily figured out in the second half of football games. 

Am I hating on Kyle? Not at all. He’s a great coach. But coaching was the issue here, unlike 2019, where Jimmy’s arm just wasn’t good enough to make clutch throws. 

Just go away 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

A bad STs unit played bad. 

CMC fumbled for the third time inside the 25 yard line. 

It is what it is but we all knew the STs unit was a problem all season. Moody missed one kick in all three postseason games. 

Our OL is not a good pass blocking unit and when Feliciano left the game, it got even worse.

This really was our year and we could not close the deal. 

Our window hasn't closed yet though. The STs are garbage. I was excited when Schneider was hired because he had success in the past. But his unit has been plain bad. He should be on the hot seat. I'm not thrilled with Wilks, but it seems too late in the year to really replace him with anyone better.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, John232 said:

Man, I feel like crying. I just want to see this once while my father is still alive. 

This only gets harder...

You absolutely CAN NOT waste these opportunities.

You got young teams like the Lions & Packers breathing down our necks.

We've gotten the better of the Cowgirls and Iggles but they will be right there again next year.

The Lambs cashed in by not having to face Mahomes.

We have to find a way to crack that code.

You just wasted a year of prime talent for guys like Trent, Juice, Deebo, Kittle, CMC. All those guys will be 28 or older starting next season.

It definitely won't be a given we'll be back here bext year.

We had our chance and blew it...

Edited by 757-NINER

A couple plays doesn’t exclude most of his vanilla/basic play-designs that led to 4th downs in enemy territory. Rewatch the sequencing leading up to all the 4th downs. Really bad. 

You don't know really bad until you're an Iowa fan and were forced to watch Brian Ferentz call plays for years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Just go away 

Such a mature response. I’m analyzing the game, what a sensitive beta response. 

What is your analysis on the game? What is the main reason they lost? You gonna sit here and tell me Kyle and Wilks called a good game? They didn’t. Far, far from it. 

Just now, struby3 said:

Our window hasn't closed yet though. The STs are garbage. I was excited when Schneider was hired because he had success in the past. But his unit has been plain bad. He should be on the hot seat. I'm not thrilled with Wilks, but it seems too late in the year to really replace him with anyone better.

Wilks called a very good game. He did his job. Held KC to 19 points in regulation and 7 came off a muffed punt. 

I did not say our window closed. But this was our year. Had a KC team that was vulnerable enough and could not take advantage. The offense scored on its last three drives but that stretch in the 3rd Q and to start the game where we moved the ball at will and had 0 points was brutal. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

This only gets harder...

You absolutely CAN NOT waste these opportunities.

You got young teams like the Lions & Packers breathing down our necks.

We've gotten the better of the Cowgirls and Iggles but they will be right there again next year.

The Lambs cashed in by not having to face Mahomes.

We have to find a way to crack that code.

You just wasted a year of prime talent for guys like Trent, Juice, Deebo, Kittle, CMC. All those guys will be 28 or older starting next season.

It definitely won't be given we'll be back here bext year.

We had out and blew it...

All I can suggest is that you take a deep breath. I hope you have things going in your life that make you happy and that are more important than the game of football. I also hope you enjoyed parts of the season. There are ups and downs to every season. I don't think of this as a wasted year for anybody associated with SF. It was a hell of a ride. Just didn't end up the way we wanted it to. That is life. Hopefully your family is healthy and you can go to bed tonight knowing that.

• Like 4

Just now, struby3 said:

You don't know really bad until you're an Iowa fan and were forced to watch Brian Ferentz call plays for years.

Just think, next year instead of the worse offense in CFB we get the guy who ran the 119th best offense last time he was coaching college

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wilks called a very good game. He did his job. Held KC to 19 points in regulation and 7 came off a muffed punt. 

I did not say our window closed. But this was our year. Had a KC team that was vulnerable enough and could not take advantage. The offense scored on its last three drives but that stretch in the 3rd Q and to start the game where we moved the ball at will and had 0 points was brutal. 

Well, it clearly wasn't our year.

Such a mature response. I’m analyzing the game, what a sensitive beta response. 

What is your analysis on the game? What is the main reason they lost? You gonna sit here and tell me Kyle and Wilks called a good game? They didn’t. Far, far from it. 

Yeah man,  no one cares about mature. I’ve been on this forum for 20+ years posting with largely the same group of people in this forum. I don’t care about your analysis. I want to see my friends, family and this forum happy. Having some random come in and regurgitate talking points with surface level depth is not inspiring. It’s annoying.  Let us huff our copious and not deal with your inane, patronizing analysisb

• Like 2

Just now, adamq said:

Just think, next year instead of the worse offense in CFB we get the guy who ran the 119th best offense last time he was coaching college

Sadly, Lester will likely be a HUGE upgrade haha. It's sad when such a pathetic hire still provides some sense of hope. Go Hawks.

• Like 1