Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

The Chiefs are the first team to win the SB after trailing at least four different times in the game.

They were trailing for a total of 42 minutes.

Something in my soul told me that call on 3rd down, coming out of the 2 minute warning in the fourth would define that game and it did. I really wanted some kind of screen because I KNEW Spags wasn't going to just sit in coverage. He was going to die on his sword and I just wished Shanny found a more creative way to make him pay for his aggressiveness.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Until the 49ers stop winning games no need to break it up. 49ers need to continue to add young cheap talent and hope they hit on them. Brock Purdy still on a cheap deal for at least one more season. Build some depth pieces and try to make another run. It's all you can do right now. 

there's something inherently wrong with this group though. they've lost two superbowls with the most talented roster in the NFL in games they had double digit leads in. we said after 2019 we just needed better QB play. well we got it and still lost the same way. 

I'd start re-Building the trenches around Aaron Banks and Nick Bosa

time to start looking for a trent williams replacement and some fresh young DTs 

Edited by Herodreamer79

3 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

there's something inherently wrong with this group though. they've lost two superbowls with the most talented roster in the NFL in games they had double digit leads in. we said after 2019 we just needed better QB play. well we got it and still lost the same way. 

the online isn't very good and the entire d-line outside of Bosa is on the wrong side of 30. 

49ers need to invest in their trenches... not just the d-line but the O-line as well. Trent Williams could retire at any moment. 

Build around Aaron Banks and Nick Bosa

Unfortunately, we ran into chiefs during their dynasty. It's football, sh*t happens. I'm not sure if we ever win a Superbowl but Kyle Shanahan has given us the best chance to compete for one almost every season. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

@Forge Let's say if Purdy gets a deal after next season. What type of cap hit are we looking at for 2025? It still won't be a too high for that year, correct? 

The 49ers probably end up setting up triple-rolling bonus options into the contract like the Eagles set for Jalen Hurts. They can push his salary down the line pretty far yearly to compete.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

@Forge Let's say if Purdy gets a deal after next season. What type of cap hit are we looking at for 2025? It still won't be a too high for that year, correct? 

It depends. I don't know what his aav is going to be. I'd wager 50 million a year? 

So then it's about structure. Lamar was 22 million this year on the first year of his 52 million dollar per year deal. Philly structured hurts' deal to basically build in the restructures down the line, so his hits are 6 and 13 in his first two years on a 51 million average

Big range

3 minutes ago, SFrush said:

Kyle might seriously need to take more input from his father. How do the players not know the overtime rules. That's inexcusable.

It happens all the time

3 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Brock Purdy's rookie deal goes until 2025.

i dont think we'd see the effects of his contract until 2026?

He's not playing the 4th year on his current contract. He'll get his extension after 2024 

3 minutes ago, SFrush said:

It should never happen. You're either fully prepared or you aren't.

It's pretty much a non issue. I fail to see how it impacts anything on the field

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure, I mean we got stuffed the next time he got a rush on first down. But yes, I called to run on first down as well. The six straight passes didn't happen by design. 

Wasted opportunity man and so wasted that I'll turn on the TV on Sunday and not miss the NFL as need a break until September. Not like my younger days when the first Sunday after SB I craved more NFL lol!

I like it better when the SB features teams that I don't care for or root for as then the end result just goes in one ear and out the next and it's done with. I'm still licking my wounds from 2012 & 2019 and now this one lol!

18 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Pat Mahomes was drafted in 2017.

his cap number didn't go over 20m until 2023

Allen's cap number doesn't go over 20m until year 7 

Herbets stays until 20m until year 6

49ers still have some time with Purdy

This is all structure

Purdy will have a higher cap hit in 2024 than he's currently slated to have. In 24 it'll just be the signing bonus add on though. 

25 will depend on how they structure it