The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

Sigh. Just have to hope Peters can do some amazing work acquiring players. Pretty unbelievable we're going to pivot from Rivera to Quinn. Patiently waiting for the stories to show up about how Dan Quinn really was the best guy for the job and how he's actually a great head coach. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Sigh. Just have to hope Peters can do some amazing work acquiring players. Pretty unbelievable we're going to pivot from Rivera to Quinn. Patiently waiting for the stories to show up about how Dan Quinn really was the best guy for the job and how he's actually a great head coach. 

He was right there on equal footing to Ben. 

Eric B is about to get his job. Atleast the team was in shape and stayed pretty dang healthy. But who knows I wouldn’t hate him getting his chance. I don’t like his play calling but I do think he as the head figure is a good move

Edited by ripsean21

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

He was right there on equal footing to Ben. 

It's coming lol.

Harris and Peters are going to learn real fast about this fanbase if Quinn sucks. This is an absolutely unbelievable turn of events. You couldn't have botched this any worse. I get missing on Johnson, there was nothing they could do there but not having a true back-up option or just being totally reluctant to hire a young guy is maddening. You can't sell Dan Quinn to a fanbase that just sat through 4 excruciating years of Rivera. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

They can't hire Quinn. Just regroup and take more interviews if you have to. 

This would require them to admit they blew it.  Lot of ego.  

At this point though, we are the last job.  The only time issue is Weaver could get promoted at baltimore.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It's going to be one of the interviewed people. They clearly feel strongly enough about all of them that they are seriously in contention. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

They won't admit to needing to do that. I don't see it.

Who do you regroup to? I seriously don't want Belichick either. Vrabel is probably out for reasons about Carthon listed. Flores? Wilks? Someone from college? Frank Smith?