2024 Dallas Cowboys Offseason Tracker

MaddHatter

Cowboys secondary coach and defensive passing game coordinator Joe Whitt Jr. in October 2021: “My 2 dream jobs when I started off, and this has stayed the same, I wanted to be the head coach of South Florida or the defensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys. Back when I was at the Univ. of Louisville. I wrote those down.”

Why Cowboys DC? “Growing up in Alabama there were no pro teams. My dad was really close with Emmitt. … I had an affinity for Dallas. … Even when I talked to my wife about it, it’s like, ‘If I ever become coordinator of the Cowboys, I can see doing that for a very long time.’”

https://x.com/jonmachota/status/1753100427997168097?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

this is an interesting tidbit. Maybe he wouldn’t follow DQ

12 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Quinn headed to Washington to become their Head Coach - Joe Whitt becomes lead candidate for replacing him in Dallas, but rumored to be following him to be his DC.  Speculation Al Harris may follow as well

Well, I think we all expected it after the other candidates bowed out. 

Whitt is McCarthy’s guy (Whitt was the only defensive coach fired after LaFleur took over in GB after McCarthy’s departure, a lot of speculation at the time Whitt was pissed) as is Harris so I don’t see them following Quinn.

7 minutes ago, D82 said:

Well, I think we all expected it after the other candidates bowed out. 

Whitt is McCarthy’s guy (Whitt was the only defensive coach fired after LaFleur took over in GB after McCarthy’s departure, a lot of speculation at the time Whitt was pissed) as is Harris so I don’t see them following Quinn.

Who the foc cares? I heard on sports radio in Philly this morning John Ritchie saying the Cowboys got worse and the Iggles got better over night.

Ok, Dan Quinn is this defensive guru huh? Then perhaps someone can explain to me how a QB that never played in the post season before came into his house and bested him to the tune of 48 points???

He also blew a 25 point lead in the SB against NE with only a quarter and a half to go.

Conversely, KM was our OC when Dak had his worst statistical season and led the league in INTs. 

Then, he is hired to be Justin Heberts saviour. So, uh, how'd that work out?

No, these guys are retread losers! Meanwhile a HC that won 5 SBs is jobless today.

Yup, par for the course in a time when not a damn thing makes sense.

8 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Who the foc cares? I heard on sports radio in Philly this morning John Ritchie saying the Cowboys got worse and the Iggles got better over night.

Ok, Dan Quinn is this defensive guru huh? Then perhaps someone can explain to me how a QB that never played in the post season before came into his house and bested him to the tune of 48 points???

He also blew a 25 point lead in the SB against NE with only a quarter and a half to go.

Conversely, KM was our OC when Dak had his worst statistical season and led the league in INTs. 

Then, he is hired to be Justin Heberts saviour. So, uh, how'd that work out?

No, these guys are retread losers! Meanwhile a HC that won 5 SBs is jobless today.

Yup, par for the course in a time when not a damn thing makes sense.

mob1.jpg

20 minutes ago, chumpy said:

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/39491145

Anyone else watch this?  Did Tank really say that the team was tired?

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/burnt-out-demarcus-lawrence-reveals-reasons-dallas-cowboys-wild-card-round-playoff-loss

“All honestly, I think the main thing is we was burnt out,” Lawrence said. “Long season, team is dominantly healthy throughout the season, the legs get tired.”