2024 Dallas Cowboys Offseason Tracker

MaddHatter

If we re-sign Biadasz and draft Guyton at #24 we could start three Tylers next to each other on the offensive line. Would be a fun storyline as the team goes 9-8

Edited by matt79511
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Northland said:

I feel the same.  The team appears committed to keeping Tyler Smith at guard.  What I don't like about Tyron's departure is that it increases the probability of Dallas drafting for need ie LT in round one vs going BPA.  The potential silver lining is that this is a deep draft for OT.

It feels like the most Cowboys thing ever.

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

It feels like the most Cowboys thing ever.

WH as my boys and I are watching the combine I remarked that free agency starts soon.  Shouldn't clubs have their restructuring done to free up cash to hit the ground running?  

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

Last I heard he wanted to be back and Boys wanted to sign him - I’m not sure what’s changed but this creates a huge hole in a weak FA class where he’s arguably the best FA

Maybe he just sees Jerry & Stephen aren't willing to make the moves to truly make this team competitive for a championship and wants to move on? 

I mean, ****, I know I would. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Northland said:

WH as my boys and I are watching the combine I remarked that free agency starts soon.  Shouldn't clubs have their restructuring done to free up cash to hit the ground running?  

I don’t think they’re behind the curve on this front. Should start to see some things shortly though. Believe they’ve got 10 days to be under the cap. I don’t envision them doing much in FA anyway.

23 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I don’t think they’re behind the curve on this front. Should start to see some things shortly though. Believe they’ve got 10 days to be under the cap. I don’t envision them doing much in FA anyway.

Sadly I don't see them doing much with respect to external free agents.

54 minutes ago, Northland said:

We always wait till the 11th hour to do anything. It’s been Jerry’s mantra for a while now. 

29 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

We always wait till the 11th hour to do anything. It’s been Jerry’s mantra for a while now. 

I know.  One would think that a GM of a franchise coming off a brutally embarrassing playoff loss who declares his team as being "all in" would have an aggressive plan to get his club to the next level.  Time will tell what "all in" means to Jerry. 

44 minutes ago, Northland said:

I know.  One would think that a GM of a franchise coming off a brutally embarrassing playoff loss who declares his team as being "all in" would have an aggressive plan to get his club to the next level.  Time will tell what "all in" means to Jerry. 

I’ll tell ya what “All In” is. All in on Dak Prescott. Lose quality players in FA and not bring in any new quality FA’s, in order to be all in on Daks new 60 mil per year contract. Because lord forbid, we have to have the highest paid player in NFL history let alone highest paid QB (again). 

18 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I’ll tell ya what “All In” is. All in on Dak Prescott. Lose quality players in FA and not bring in any new quality FA’s, in order to be all in on Daks new 60 mil per year contract. Because lord forbid, we have to have the highest paid player in NFL history let alone highest paid QB (again). 

You're probably bang on.  Right now my off season glass is still half full hopefulness is wrestling with my realistic cynical side.

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

They could be “all in” even with extending Dak. But you have two people running things that have no clue what they’re doing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

I think what they do with Tyler largely depends on what happens in the draft regarding getting a top tackle or not. 

But I think moving Tyler to LT essentially creates two weaknesses. Not to say I don't think Tyler can excel at LT, as he has shown he can, but I think you basically move him from being an All-Pro at LG to a Pro Bowler at LT. 

If we go into this draft needing a LT/G, it’s not the worst draft to find one, but I’d much prefer having the flexibility not to HAVE to reach for one.

Finding Mims at 24 is looking more and more unlikely