2024 Dallas Cowboys Offseason Tracker

MaddHatter

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

Tyron was drafted in 2011. How many franchise QBs did they fail to draft between then and now?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-search-for-a-franchise-qb-history-of-every-nfl-teams-franchise-qbs-and-the-longest-droughts-to-find-one/amp/

Well, you’d have to look back at each draft and see 👀.  Plus, we need to agree on what a Franchise QB is 🤷‍♂️

On 3/24/2024 at 5:35 PM, D82 said:

Poverty franchise. 

I really wish people would stop supporting and going to the games and buying into the BS they spout. 

Because they’re flat out lies. We could’ve freed up $30-40M relatively easily but chose to do nothing. Like I said, these folks will lie to the fanbase every opportunity they have, and people still believe them. This team isn’t built on the foundation of winning. The Clampett’s view the Cowboys solely as a brand; a means to finance their lifestyles because the organization part of a much larger, multibillion dollar portfolio of holdings. It’s an asset built around making money. Nothing more.

Edited by plan9misfit

That Jerry quote about them not being able to afford Tyron is an all-timer, it’s such BS. It’s obviously not true from a cash or cap perspective, but rather from the context of a hard $200M budget they’ve set for themselves as per Joey Ickes’ thread. They’ve spilled the beans on how they really run this team and anyone who’s paying attention should tune out at this point. But we’re crackheads and we can’t. 

Edited by matt79511

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

That Jerry quote about them not being able to afford Tyron is an all-timer, it’s such BS. It’s obviously not true from a cash or cap perspective, but rather from the context of a hard $200M budget they’ve set for themselves as per Joey Ickes’ thread. They’ve spilled the beans on how they really run this team and anyone who’s paying attention should tune out at this point. But we’re crackheads and we can’t. 

I can…and have quite a bit over the last few seasons. I think this just solidified my movement to another team or at the very least just being indifferent about the NFL.

15 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Lol. No truer words have been spoken. Jerry plays us like fiddle.

At what point do we stop being played? I don't know if anyone else feels like I do but I'm growing tired of the drama.

Edited by Northland
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Northland said:

At what point do we stop being played? I don't know if anyone else feels like I do but I'm growing tired of the drama.

Stop buying merchandise. Don't go to games. Don't support the team beyond what the TV networks have already paid him. Hit him in the wallet and don't get emotionally attached. Enjoy the sport, but leave it at that. Nothing will change until he's dead.