2024 Dallas Cowboys Offseason Tracker

MaddHatter

4 hours ago, D82 said:

I think what they do with Tyler largely depends on what happens in the draft regarding getting a top tackle or not. 

But I think moving Tyler to LT essentially creates two weaknesses. Not to say I don't think Tyler can excel at LT, as he has shown he can, but I think you basically move him from being an All-Pro at LG to a Pro Bowler at LT. 

Gotta leave him at LG. He will be our new age Zack Martin. Could he play tackle, sure but don't move an All Pro.

28 minutes ago, D82 said:

NT? Sorry we just spent a first on one - no way they abandon him this soon.

CB3? Maybe - but hardly a “starter”

LB depends on LVE but getting Overshown back lessens that

LT/G depends on what drops but very good class for that

43 minutes ago, D82 said:

These days? Sort of. 

I think Tyler should stay at LG and if we can draft a Mims or similar then we do, but I also wouldn't pass up on an elite LG/RT prospect that requires us to slide Tyler to LT - it's nice having that flexibility.  

That being said, when Tyron missed time the last few years, did Tyler slide over or did he stay at LG and we played a backup LT? I can't recall off the top of my head but feel like we used a backup LT

35 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

I think Tyler should stay at LG and if we can draft a Mims or similar then we do, but I also wouldn't pass up on an elite LG/RT prospect that requires us to slide Tyler to LT - it's nice having that flexibility.  

That being said, when Tyron missed time the last few years, did Tyler slide over or did he stay at LG and we played a backup LT? I can't recall off the top of my head but feel like we used a backup LT

I want to say his rookie year he got some time at LT? I can't remember exactly how many snaps or for how many games. But then I know we also brought in Jason Peters at some point (and I think he was at G or maybe at T also?). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D82 said:

I want to say his rookie year he got some time at LT? I can't remember exactly how many snaps or for how many games. But then I know we also brought in Jason Peters at some point (and I think he was at G or maybe at T also?). 

Just looked on PFF and he took over 1,000 snaps at LT in 2022

41 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

I was thinking Dallas left Tyler at LG for one game, then moved him to LT the other 2-3 after the Edoga experiment failed. 

On 3/3/2024 at 2:15 PM, MaddHatter said:

NT? Sorry we just spent a first on one - no way they abandon him this soon.

CB3? Maybe - but hardly a “starter”

LB depends on LVE but getting Overshown back lessens that

LT/G depends on what drops but very good class for that

I agree. As poorly as Mazi Smith played, I doubt we’ll look at NT early. DT? Maybe. But, o-line, WR, RB and LB are the main needs. And, if the Clampett’s are willing to spend some money, a few of those positions could be shored up (even just temporarily) in free agency.

And, if there’s any truth to the Trey Lance trade rumors, then moving him for a day 2 pick would be invaluable.

Edited by plan9misfit

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

what are some moves to open up more cap space y'all can realistically make? And how much space could you open up all in all?

Two big ones are Dak and Martin. Dallas can clear up around $25m between those 2. Handful of others and they shouldn’t have much trouble hitting $40-45m. If they really get aggressive I believe it’s upward of $60m.

7 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Two big ones are Dak and Martin. Dallas can clear up around $25m between those 2. Handful of others and they shouldn’t have much trouble hitting $40-45m. If they really get aggressive I believe it’s upward of $60m.

We talking extension or restructure...?

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

what are some moves to open up more cap space y'all can realistically make? And how much space could you open up all in all?

First post in this thread suggests $50m or so without going Lamb or Dak extensions