Raiders to hire Luke Getsy as OC

40 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Wait, so maybe Getsy is actually really good and Justin Fields is just that bad? 

This is nothing but copium. Just like people coped when we got McDaniels. The initial reaction is the correct one. Getsy has a horrible scheme and is a horrible play-caller. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mark Davis blew it this offseason 

Dude has zero clue what he’s doing…… keeping Graham as DC and Lewis as Asst Head Coach were the only good moves. 

I bet we fumble QB too. We’ll either roll with AOC, blow pick #13 on Bo Nix, or trade a 2nd and 3rd and 7th for Fields (way too much). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G said:

What a mess this has turned into...Better get us fans a QB to support or AP is one and done!

He was always gonna be one and done, fans always get “hot interim” syndrome. He’s not an x’s and o’s guy nor has the experience to put a staff together. Said this the whole time. 

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Until the official Raiders twitter announcement, I won’t believe it.

However, if it is Getsy certainly underwhelming but he’s still only 39 and didn’t have a lot of talent in Chicago. He’s  not Hackett incompetent and brings a good rushing attack. Let’s see how it plays out

only a couple years ago, he was considered a hot OC candidate

Maybe it’s just you and me that are not on the ledge after this hire 😁. He’s young, had not much to work with and did OK from the games of Chicago that I watched. 

Yo be frank, I don’t really like Kingsbury anyway, something about him rubs me the wrong way. Onwards and upwards!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

This is nothing but copium. Just like people coped when we got McDaniels. The initial reaction is the correct one. Getsy has a horrible scheme and is a horrible play-caller. 

Fwiw, I think Luke Getsyanowhere sucks at coaching football as much as Vegan Supreme sucks at playing it. 

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How much of that bad passing attack was due to having a crappy QB though? 

Always hard to analyse how well or poorly an OC did given what he was working with.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

The scheme is the same as the Packers. The scheme is good, but his play calling leaves much to be desired.

5 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Dude has zero clue what he’s doing…… keeping Graham as DC and Lewis as Asst Head Coach were the only good moves. 

I bet we fumble QB too. We’ll either roll with AOC, blow pick #13 on Bo Nix, or trade a 2nd and 3rd and 7th for Fields (way too much). 

This is what I think is going to happen.

Getsy has a chance to show that it wasn’t him. I’m frustrated but will be open to him. 

My biggest gripe as a play caller with him was his inability to adapt. He just refused to play to his QB strengths. Don’t maximize Fields strengths and minimize his weaknesses. 

We can cross Fields off the list of potential QBs

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is an embarrassment. I’m sorry no one is gonna spin this well. We as fans deserve better. Someone try and sell me on how this possibly can be a positive move. I’m already feeling awful going into the offseason 

1) you have to believe that Fields truly is a very bad QB.

2) you have to also believe Telesco still has some master plan of obtaining a franchise QB

.......in all honesty. What myself and many others thought we needed to do to succeed is still the plan it seems. Run the ball well and have a very good defense. Running the ball is something he schemed well. Until we have a franchise QB it's our only path to success and it's still on the table.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NickButera said:

1) you have to believe that Fields truly is a very bad QB.

2) you have to also believe Telesco still has some master plan of obtaining a franchise QB

.......in all honesty. What myself and many others thought we needed to do to succeed is still the plan it seems. Run the ball well and have a very good defense. Running the ball is something he schemed well. Until we have a franchise QB it's our only path to success and it's still on the table.

The first two steps in succeeding were hiring a competent GM and an OC that can develop a franchise QB. We’ve already missed the mark big time on those two moves. 

And I think it’s safe to say there’s a good chance that Telesco, Pierce, and Getsy are the worst trio of GM/HC/OC in the NFL. 

To me Getsy is still an unknown. Not good, not bad. His time.in Chicago is a wash. Not being able to develop Fields really tells me nothing about your ability to develop a QB. And his rushing game stats are skewed because fields would hold on to the ball for a day and a half then run everywhere. I really think Fields biggest problem is he couldn't work within the system, and therefore you can't properly evaluate Getsy's results there. 

Think about it this way, Getsy was one of only 2 OCs to put up 30 on our defense. And he did it with a QB other than fields. Perhaps he really is itching to develop another QB. 

• Like 5