Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

56 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It's the time of the year where most fan bases think their team is going to the Super Bowl. I know in the Packer forum we are very optimistic. 

The pundits all love what the Bears have done this off season. 

So the question is, where are you guys at as far as expectations for the upcoming season? 

I'd be disappointed if they don't win 9 games

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

This is an internet forum, that is way too reasonable. 

Seriously, 9 wins from 7 seems more than doable with what the Bears have done in the off season. 

I could easily see 3 teams from the North in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

I could see a range of outcomes, anywhere from 6 games if Caleb turns into a pumpkin and Flus throws another three, up to 12.  If I was betting I'd say 10 with a playoff appearance. 

It really seems like replacing the passing game of Fields is achievable barring injury, and I'm actually expecting it to be exceeded by quite a bit but not break any rookie records.  

Big questions are

Does Flus progress as a coach? Ideally patience proves out and he cleans up some of the prep issues that dogged us especially early last year, and learns to finish games strong.  If he does this I am committed to not coming up with new na,mes for him.

What exactly does our offense look like?  Waldron has some tendencies but they had pretty different personnel in SEA.  I'd be a little disappointed if we're running 12 personnel a ton of not taking advantage of the WR room we have, at least while Allen is healthy.

3 NFCN teams would be a hoot.  Pie in the sky dream would be a SB with Bears/Jets, but uh, not counting on that obviously. 

On 5/21/2024 at 9:58 AM, dll2000 said:

The fact that enough of you bit on this even a little bit, does not bode well for the rest of the offseason. Especially with how much Caleb stuff will be out there

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Old Guy said:

It's the time of the year where most fan bases think their team is going to the Super Bowl. I know in the Packer forum we are very optimistic. 

The pundits all love what the Bears have done this off season. 

So the question is, where are you guys at as far as expectations for the upcoming season? 

Winning season, Williams breaks a bunch of rookie QB records for Chicago (damn low bar) and defense is top 10.

I'm not sure they do more than one and done in the wildcard, but the team is significantly better than last year and the Bears were at an 88% chance of being 10-7 but had three insanely improbable losses. So I am looking for 9-8 as GB has more experience, DET is established and kept Johnson, amd MIN isn't putting Dobbs out there.

I still think the Bears are a good way from being a contender, Williams will have lumps ans I am happy to see what Waldron does, but there's going to be a need for them to gel. If things go bad then I really want to go after Ben Johnson. 

Ijust want to go into an offseason being confident Williams is the guy. Lol

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

We should've won 9 with NO RomE keenan, ANd  no 👎🏻 ***Center      (pivot)

Edited by SLCbear

16 hours ago, Old Guy said:

This is an internet forum, that is way too reasonable. 

Seriously, 9 wins from 7 seems more than doable with what the Bears have done in the off season. 

I could easily see 3 teams from the North in the playoffs. 

Por favor 

eres un Packer fanático 

Voy a poner tus puntos de vista en el lugar. ¿Son legítimos los Packers?

o el amor de Jordan es menor que ?

16 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

The fact that enough of you bit on this even a little bit, does not bode well for the rest of the offseason. Especially with how much Caleb stuff will be out there

LOL.

Burrow dresses eccentrically all the time.  It is no stretch to think he wouldn’t do a fun hairdo. I liked it.  

Photoshop and AI can convincingly fool anyone in right circumstance by altering a photo.  

It can give me long hair or put me in 70s clothes.  

Happy Lord’s day and Memorial Day weekend everyone!  I really need an extra day off this week.  So grateful to just take Monday and do no work. 

Imagine you are drafted to be QB in NFL.   You are learning the new playbook annd new passing concepts and have had 3 team practices.  

On your 3rd practice media is there for first time. You are doing team drills and defense no pads.  No hitting.   

Many of concepts are brand new.   So you are trying many of them for first time ever at full speed.   You are throwing balls against one of top 5 secondaries in NFL.  All guys who have been in system and a long time vet.  And they are all there and eager to look good in front of media.  Many of your best guys have taken day off.  

Building an offense with a new rookie QB or any new QB to a system is a process.  A long one. Less so with more overlap, but still.  

I realize we haven’t won in long time and we jettisoned our vet QB.  But that is not Caleb’s fault nor was it his decision.   Bears fans should give Caleb the same patience that any rookie QB should get to learn a new system and get better at it with time and with mistakes.  

Will they? Some will. Some just want to be able to say I told you so from earlier comments they publicly made.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

If I was betting I'd say 10 with a playoff appearance. 

I think 9-10 wins is pretty realistic for us, but I’m not sure 10 wins will be enough to get into the postseason in the NFC this year. SF, PHI, DAL, GB, DET all probably win 10+ games, plus someone will win the NFC South. I’d expect that at least one and maybe more of SEA, TB/ATL (non-division winner) and LAR win 10 games too, meaning even if we win 10 ourselves it’ll come down to tiebreakers.

I DO expect us to be somewhere in the playoff race at Christmas. I think that’s a fair expectation. Where we’re at in there is going to come down to injuries and luck. 

• Like 1

I golf about once every 6 years.  1,2,or 3 with a driver.   About one in 5 tries would be 6.  

I can hit the irons pretty good though.  Unless I am playing a scramble I usually give up on driver and just start hitting irons off tee.  Better 200 yards straight than 280 sideways or topped for 20 yards.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I golf about once every 6 years.  1,2,or 3 with a driver.   About one in 5 tries would be 6.  

I can hit the irons pretty good though.  Unless I am playing a scramble I usually give up on driver and just start hitting irons off tee.  Better 200 yards straight than 280 sideways or topped for 20 yards.  

Aren't enough units in the decimal number system to convey where my shot would go.  Best guess would somehow be the guys hat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

My rule of thumb is "if theres water on a hole, my ball will find it" 

But without the water at 3, I am usually playing from 7. Sometimes I get lucky with a 9, although more than that my slice leaves me at 8