Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

The +1600 ticket I got on his first snap of 2024 to be with PIT doesn’t care if he starts. He only needs one snap lol.

Worst case scenario for Wilson though. If Fields looks solid without all the Chicago pressure on him then Russ’ seat is gonna get super hot super quick. 

Hey if he plays a lot we get a 4th.  I am all for it.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Watching hard knocks makes me wonder what it would’ve been like with Saquon. How many would’ve been pissed we paid a rb like that, everything considered. But also what the offense could’ve looked like with Saquon playing anywhere near what he was before. He had a pretty unfair ride in NYG and I think he blows up in PHI if he stays healthy. 

Meanwhile, I think Swift is very overhyped. Had his first good season with Philly’s incredible line. I think he doesn’t come close to that here. I’d be happy to be wrong 

I am an Oline over RB guy and have been before the analytics started saying it.  Since early 90s Cowboys pretty much proved it.  Followed by Broncos popularizing one back zone running under Shanahan and his Oline coach whose name is escaping me at moment.  

Barkley when healthy is a difference making football player.  There aren’t a lot of athletes like him.   He does come with a lot of risk due to injury history.  

That being said I would be fine with the Philly deal.  I would be excited about it.

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Swift has averaged 4.6 yards per carry over his career (593 total carries). His 2023 average behind PHI’s stacked OL was… 4.6.

I agree about Herbert’s limitations in the passing game being why Swift was signed though. Roschon and even Homer are also assets in the passing game. Unless that’s changed for Herbert this season he may have a hard time seeing the field at all on offense. 

I would have no problem dangling him during TC for something like a 2026 6th. He's a FA after this season and is only owed $1M. a team like Dallas that is starting the corpse of zeke and a thing called rico dowdle could use him for cheap, especially with all the other contracts they have to give

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

I would have no problem dangling him during TC for something like a 2026 6th. He's a FA after this season and is only owed $1M. a team like Dallas that is starting the corpse of zeke and a thing called rico dowdle could use him for cheap, especially with all the other contracts they have to give

Dallas would actually make a lot of sense for Herbert were we to move him given his 2024 cost given that they’re looking at 3 massive contracts.

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I am an Oline over RB guy and have been before the analytics started saying it.  Since early 90s Cowboys pretty much proved it.  Followed by Broncos popularizing one back zone running under Shanahan and his Oline coach whose name is escaping me at moment.  

Barkley when healthy is a difference making football player.  There aren’t a lot of athletes like him.   He does come with a lot of risk due to injury history.  

That being said I would be fine with the Philly deal.  I would be excited about it.

That would be Alex Gibbs.  He and Shanahan turned late round draft picks into 1000 yard rushers running inside and outside zone concepts behind his OLines.  That was a big reason the Broncos finally won a couple of Super Bowls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Gibbs

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ty21 said:

BU1KNU3.jpeg

I see this concept talked about a lot and it’s true.  A lot of guys on social media complain about it.  

But I just observed this dynamic in real time a month ago.  

Let me start by saying, of course good looking people can get away with things with opposite sex others can’t.  That’s true for women to men too.  It’s human nature.

But there are subtle differences that some guys aren’t aware of.  They think I just said same thing and didn’t get same reaction.  It isn’t fair.  Girls are jerks. But it really wasn’t the same in a lot of cases.  

Guy 1 to a young girl:  “I like your dress.”  -  Very casual. Just a nice compliment.

Guy 2 who is not an attractive man added: “Yesss…  It’s sooo beautiful.”  His body language and tone filled with an undertone of lust.  

Guy 1 may have been lusting in his mind, may not have been.  But his facial expression and tone didn’t say those things.

Guy 2 just didn’t have social skill to hide his feelings and thoughts and it made the girl uncomfortable.

On surface they both gave a similar compliment, and guy 2 isn’t getting why his was received negatively.  It isn’t all about looks.  

9 hours ago, soulman said:

Are we just waking up to the realization of double standards now that have existed since the dawn of man?

If you watch one video on YouTube about modern dating out of curiosity the algorithm floods your feed with them.   There are thousands and most come from Tik Tok. 

It’s all men complaining about women and women complaining about men.  Women in their cars and men using AI to compile it all with a fake voice narration. 

Kind of fascinating how all this collective misery gets monetized in name of commiseration and giving (mostly bad) advise. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

If you watch one video on YouTube about modern dating out of curiosity the algorithm floods your feed with them.   There are thousands and most come from Tik Tok. 

It’s all men complaining about women and women complaining about men.  Women in their cars and men using AI to compile it all with a fake voice narration. 

Kind of fascinating how all this collective misery gets monetized in name of commiseration and giving (mostly bad) advise. 

My days of having a serious relationship with a woman ended long ago when I decided to take the advice of our sound guy who after regaling him with some of my tales of horror advised that I just "rent it" from then on and not "buy it".  I agreed.  😁

Having been a teen of the "Free Love" era and a young adult in the "Disco/Boogie Nights" era I was pleasantly surprised to find how many single/divorced woman in their 30s and 40s still carried those same sexual attitudes with them.  🎉

As for Tik Tok and most other social media sites I go there not or at least no more often than necessary to follow up on posts my daughters have made or items I have for sale in an online marketplace.  I can exist very nicely without social media.

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

And I don't mean double standards that are limited only to the relationships between men and women.  We've once again allowed a "class system" in this country to run amok to our detriment.  Now we have to fix that again too.