End of Season Awards

goldfishwars

28 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Myles Garrett as DPOY is a joke.  So is Kevin Stefanksi as coach of the year. Garrett was 100% not the best defensive player in the league this year and Stefanski wasn't even a top 3 coach this year. Maybe not even top 5.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

Myles Garrett as DPOY is a joke.  So is Kevin Stefanksi as coach of the year. Garrett was 100% not the best defensive player in the league this year and Stefanski wasn't even a top 3 coach this year. Maybe not even top 5.

lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

lol

I'm get you disagreeing with Myles garrett even if he's not the best defense of player in his own division, you're a Browns fan. Of course you're gonna think he is the next coming of Lawrence Taylor. I get it.

Kevin stefanski however that's a ******* joke. Ryans and Campbell were easily more deserving. Stefanskis team got literally steamrolled by Houston. 

Edited by VigilantZombie

I’m not gonna lie I’m Happy with Myles winning it.. But honest to satan this is the 2nd time you could argue Watts award was stolen lol. No one will ever remember this. I also dont like this narrative that Myles is this all time best defender. Don’t get me wrong he’s really good, but he has Damm good talent there in Clev and they haven’t done much. I need to see him go off in the post season. I do really think that Watt is better despite not seeing the doubles! Which I admire Myles still getting his numbers. I do think Myles has the potential to be a monster and take over.. But he hasn’t done it where it matters most. That’s my only gripe with him. Tj Watt is scary good.. I think PFF grades are heavily favoring these awards and that can lead us to dangerous waters. They’ve been banging the Myles drum all year and same for the other awards. Sometimes the eye test is the is all we need. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

Kevin stefanski however that's a ******* joke. Ryans and Campbell were easily more deserving. Stefanskis team got literally steamrolled by Houston

That was in the playoffs. Voting is done by then. Playoffs don't apply

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

I'm fine with you disagreeing with miles garrett even if he's not the best defense of player in his own division.

Yes, Garrett is better than your dirty boy TJ. Sorry, and nearly all metrics backs this up.

13 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

Kevin stefanski however that's a ******* joke. Ryans and Campbell were easily more deserving. Stefanskis team got literally steamrolled by Houston. 

I love Campbell, but that was a team expected to win their division. I would have been cool with Ryans winning, but Stefanski leading his team to the playoffs with the injuries we had is more impressive than the Texans winning a weaker division.

But don't let that stop your usual horrible takes.

Edited by DawgX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That was in the playoffs. Voting is done by then. Playoffs don't apply

But it does make you wonder. Clev should have blown the meat curtains off Stroud rookie year. 100% it’s late but it should factor in. They made a arse outta themselves and only to see Bal beat the breaks off Hous? Breh who really had that thang on them. 

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Because he was better.

Best player doesn’t always win the award, right? Mahomes>Jackson, but he’s not MVP. Usually goes to the guy with the best stats. 

6 minutes ago, Soko said:

Best player doesn’t always win the award, right? Mahomes>Jackson, but he’s not MVP. Usually goes to the guy with the best stats. 

And Jackson is the weakest MVP we've had in years.

Edited by DawgX
  • Like 1