End of Season Awards

goldfishwars

31 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

@ET80 just saying I was the bone who picked Stroud and Anderson to be thr ROYs.

I might have been wrong on most things like usual, but we will focus on the few things I got right in my predictions!

I think I offered to marry you. 

Does... does this mean we have to consummate this thing? Because I need to get permission from my wife first.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think I offered to marry you. 

Does... does this mean we have to consummate this thing? Because I need to get permission from my wife first.

Nah don't bother. My wife is too jealous anyway. She wont even let herself look at other women. Lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

The Texans got the OROY and the DROY?!?!?  Man, that's a draft we could be talking about 20-30 years from now.  That has to be a first in NFL history.

Actually happened last season (Garrett Wilson/Sauce Gardner) and in 2017 (Alvin Kamara/Marshawn Lattimore). 

I don't disagree this is a foundational draft - in addition to the ROYs, you had standout performances from Tank Dell, Henry To'o To'o, Jarrett Patterson and Xavier Hutchinson. Not all of them filled out the stat sheet, but they all played pretty important roles as the season wore on. Had Dell not got injured, he might have been in the OROY discussion as well.

To me? This makes me excited because it tells me the evaluation ability of Nick Caserio has meshed well with what DeMeco Ryans wants out of players. Right out the gates, this embattled GM who was on a warm seat connected with a rookie HC and they collaborated with each other to make a playoff ready team immediately. Getting a HC and GM alinged is critical. Ryans and Caserio are aligned, and are sitting on the 3rd most cap space in football along with a full compliment of picks.

Next few months are going to be EXCITING.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I thought Hamlin was a given especially with the small number of games Flacco played. 

Based on the voting, he just wound up being polarizing. Just about anyone who didn't have Flacco 1st at least had him 2nd. While those who didn't have Damar in 1st largely had him either in 3rd or not on the ballot at all. Which I generally get. CPOTY is a weird, poorly defined award. Voting comes down almost as much to your interpretation of what the award should be as it does to the candidates. Does it go to the guy that came back from the most difficult thing? Or the guy who came back to the greatest heights? Is someone who was terrible last year but okay this year more of a comeback than someone who was okay last year but fantastic this year? Do we want it to be strictly football related, or how far outside the field does it extend? Like, someone voted for Calvin Ridley. Lamar Jackson got one vote. It's clear the voters just don't quite agree on exactly what the parameters of the award should be.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

That's fine. I'm just providing you a graph where you're wrong.

No, the graph I saw showed the stats of

Watt/Parson/Garrett….no comparison.

Maybe chart woulda been a better world but it is what it is.

• Like 1