End of Season Awards

goldfishwars

4 hours ago, DawgX said:

We can agree to disagree. The main thing I objected to is you saying that Stefanski wasn't remotely deserving of being COTY when, IMO, he was at worst second behind Ryans.

I mean I don't necessarily agree but I respect your opinion 

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

I thought Hamlin was a given especially with the small number of games Flacco played. 

Why the hell would Hamlin get it? Just because he almost died last year and the Bills felt bad enough they kept him on the roster? 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 6:39 AM, warfelg said:

Saw so much Watt vs. Garrett and Lamar vs. Josh Allen discourse this week on social media about this award.

Seems like the Garrett voters favor PWR and DTR over raw statistics. Watt can't control how often he's doubled, but Garrett doing what he does while being doubled at a clip insanely higher than Watt should be considered.

Lamar vs. Josh Allen debate is pure toxicity from everyone involved. Ravens fans calling Josh a FB and just pounding the INT numbers while Josh Allen fans pound Lamar's total touchdown numbers and playoff record (while Allen's isn't much better). It's insanity.

On 2/9/2024 at 10:40 PM, seminoles1 said:

Peyton Manning in 2008 was less deserving and worse.

Yeah, 08 Peyton was pretty bad. I understand not giving it to Brees or Rivers given the team records. But 2008 had a strong crop of defensive candidates like James Harrison, Albert Haynesworth, Ed Reed etc. Perfect year to give it to a defensive guy instead of being lazy and giving it to Peyton. 

13 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Yeah, 08 Peyton was pretty bad. I understand not giving it to Brees or Rivers given the team records. But 2008 had a strong crop of defensive candidates like James Harrison, Albert Haynesworth, Ed Reed etc. Perfect year to give it to a defensive guy instead of being lazy and giving it to Peyton. 

Why mention River as if he was top 3? He wasn't even a top 3 QB in votes, and he was not top 5 in overall votes.

20 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Why mention River as if he was top 3? He wasn't even a top 3 QB in votes, and he was not top 5 in overall votes.

Bias. He lead the league in touchdowns, YPA, ANYA, and passer rating. If the Chargers didn't start 0-2, he probably finishes top 3 in voting. 

Edit: Rivers was actually top 3 in votes among QBs that year. It was Peyton, Pennington (lol), and Rivers. Brees was the one who actually got no votes, which surprises me. 

Edited by game3525

17 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Saw so much Watt vs. Garrett and Lamar vs. Josh Allen discourse this week on social media about this award.

Seems like the Garrett voters favor PWR and DTR over raw statistics. Watt can't control how often he's doubled, but Garrett doing what he does while being doubled at a clip insanely higher than Watt should be considered.

But what does Garrett do?  Pass rush win rate is like you and your wife taking off all your clothes and then doing nothing.  JJ Watt has said that the players hate PPF because it is empty. If you have a huge pass rush win rate and you're not getting sacks, are you really winning? If you're throwing a bunch of "interceptable passes" and they're not getting intercepted, then how good is your metric?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

But what does Garrett do?  Pass rush win rate is like you and your wife taking off all your clothes and then doing nothing.  JJ Watt has said that the players hate PPF because it is empty. If you have a huge pass rush win rate and you're not getting sacks, are you really winning? If you're throwing a bunch of "interceptable passes" and they're not getting intercepted, then how good is your metric?

If you win a pass rush and the QB gets rid of the ball, that's not on you. You did your job. Furthermore, he's winning at the highest rate in the league while also being doubled the most. It's Aaron Donald-esque.

I think TJ Watt is underrated from the voters' perspective, though.

• Like 2