Kyle Shanahan

notthatbluestuff

1 minute ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

I doubt they ever will. He's shown time and again that he can't get out of his own way when the lights are brightest.

Just like Andy Reid. Can't win the big one!

• Like 6

I really don't think the loss is on Shanny. Just my opinion, but I thought he called a hell of a game. Stupid penalties (false starts, holds, etc.), mental errors (fumble and muffed punt) and most importantly the blocked XP were the difference for me. That muffed punt went from SF getting the ball to KC's first lead.

It was a fun SB to watch. Sucks for 9ers fans, but football fans all around won this year with that SB. An overtime SB with a great back and forth battle.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Kyle Shanahan was fine today. Chiefs defense was elite and the players missed plays. The previous Super Bowls were more questionable (though I think even more overblown). Ryan, Purdy and Jimmy are not Brady or Mahomes. People are trying way to hard to create the narrative with him. There are maybe like 3-5 teams in the league that wouldn't fire their coaching staff this literal second if he hit the open market.

What narrative are we trying to create if you don’t mind me asking? 

Just now, Football_Bachelor08 said:

On the other hand, Doug Pederson of all people has a Super Bowl win over Brady and Belichick. With Nick Foles, no less.

Tom Coughlin and Eli beat Brady twice.

Zac Taylor and Joe Cool beat Mahomes once.

Nobody is saying they're infallible, but beating them is usually a very difficult task. Shanahan has been on the short end of the stick, but he's not losing to just anyone. 

• Like 3

Out of that coaching tree, Kyle might have the most well-oiled machine scheme, but also the least innovative if that makes sense. McVay, McConnell (vikings), McDaniel, and Slowik are all wayyyyy more innovative with their play-designs imo. 

Kyle’s still an offensive guru/genius. Just saying, he’s the least creative out of those guys. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

They don't give out participation trophies in the NFL.

They literally do, it's the conference championship trophy. I don't care about it, but it's there

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

They don't give out participation trophies in the NFL.

They actually do - conference championship rings and an $89,000 game check.

• Like 5

Just now, Football_Bachelor08 said:

That's not a participation trophy. You only get that if you win the game. You don't get it just for showing up.

So you're admitting that they accomplished something?