Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Taco Bowl XXVII Posted)

32 minutes ago, Glen said:

Josh Allen beat both Lamar and Mahomes head to head…

Honestly I think it's close for various reasons between the 4 QBs Jackson, Allen, Mahomes and Rodgers. Each have their reasons to be at the top or to be punished.

Jackson has the most total yards, best ball security, especially with all the carrying he does,

Rodgers most yards of the bunch through the air, least INTs despite all the passes, but he did fumble it quite a bit but didn't lose it often and like Lamar, only has 31 total TDs.

Mahomes has the highest QB rating and an average 13 INTs/Fumbles. His yards are the lowest of the bunch.

Allen has a very high rating too, highest completion percentage of the bunch, most TDs passing and combined but he did throw 13 interceptions. Has a pretty good running resume and runs per carry but not as crazy as Lamar.

I'd probably have it Lamar/Allen then Mahomes and Rodgers but I'm still undecided.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Honestly I think it's close for various reasons between the 4 QBs Jackson, Allen, Mahomes and Rodgers. Each have their reasons to be at the top or to be punished.

Jackson has the most total yards, best ball security, especially with all the carrying he does,

Rodgers most yards of the bunch through the air, least INTs despite all the passes, but he did fumble it quite a bit but didn't lose it often and like Lamar, only has 31 total TDs.

Mahomes has the highest QB rating and an average 13 INTs/Fumbles. His yards are the lowest of the bunch.

Allen has a very high rating too, highest completion percentage of the bunch, most TDs passing and combined but he did throw 13 interceptions. Has a pretty good running resume and runs per carry but not as crazy as Lamar.

I'd probably have it Lamar/Allen then Mahomes and Rodgers but I'm still undecided.

It really is an interesting conversation, and it's wild that all four are in one conference: each of them are vastly superior to every QB in the Salsa Conference.

Still, if I'm trying to win one game, give me the QB that gains the most yards and has the lowest chance at turning the ball over. That's unquestionably Lamar in S27.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It really is an interesting conversation, and it's wild that all four are in one conference: each of them are vastly superior to every QB in the Salsa Conference.

Still, if I'm trying to win one game, give me the QB that gains the most yards and has the lowest chance at turning the ball over. That's unquestionably Lamar in S27.

There is Kirky. He'd be in this convo as well. Very similar to Rodgers and Mahomes in different ways. Then there are 5 QBs vying for 2nd in the Salsa who are probably ranked 6-11 in the league overall, Herbert, Dak, Tua, Goff, Murray. Lawrence from Cheesy would be somewhere among them too.

Edited by LAOJoe

10 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

There is Kirky. He'd be in this convo as well. Very similar to Rodgers and Mahomes in different ways. Then there are 5 QBs vying for 2nd in the Salsa who are probably ranked 6-11 in the league overall, Herbert, Dak, Tua, Goff, Murray. Lawrence from Cheesy would be somewhere among them too.

Fair. My unyielding hate for Cousins makes me tend to overlook him in things like this, but he gained more yards and averaged fewer turnovers than Mahomes, albeit with a lower completion percentage. Cousins should be the Salsa representative.

• Like 2

@TheKillerNacho appreciate everything my guy. This league has helped me get through some of the worst times of my life - between you and all of the owners past and present I can't thank you all enough. 

My times is over - best of luck to everyone going forward.

Papermakers out. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

@TheKillerNacho appreciate everything my guy. This league has helped me get through some of the worst times of my life - between you and all of the owners past and present I can't thank you all enough. 

Papermakers out. 

Sad to see you go but I undersatnd. Hopefully I can find someone .

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Sad to see you go but I undersatnd. Hopefully I can find someone .

Do you have the stats breakdown you do every year? I can get someone last minute if absolutely needed.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Papermakers out. 

Leaving as a legend:

Scalamania*: 219-223, 49.55%, 2 trophies

Third all-time in wins. Tied for second all-time in trophies. Easy Ring of Honor lock.

Nach: make this man a HOF bronze bust.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

I'll be honest, did not expect my squad to go 13-3, and it's more likely than not we'll be bounced round 1. But in a way, the team success hurt Mahomes' individual stats - there's no need to throw as much as the other QBs when we are nursing leads most games. I personally think if each QB got stuck on the other teams, Mahomes would ultimately shine the most, but there's no way to prove that. As others have said, it sort of comes down to preference from the QB position and what you are looking for in terms of most successful season for the all-star vote.

• Like 1

• TheKillerNacho changed the title to Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Taco Bowl XXVII Posted)
  • TheKillerNacho unpinned this topic