2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Respect the former CFL scout!!! 

lol I saw a video where he was also drooling over Tanor Mordecai and his 4.4 speed lmao.  Guy really latches on to certain attributes and can't let go.  

1 hour ago, WhyAmIHere said:

lol I saw a video where he was also drooling over Tanor Mordecai and his 4.4 speed lmao.  Guy really latches on to certain attributes and can't let go.  

I mean he is off at times but overall I don't find him that bad. He catches on the less heralded players like Purdy. Not saying he predicted this but he was telling everyone that he would make the team. 

We only had one practice with the rookies? Don't teams have at least two? Or was one of the practices not open to the media? 

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean he is off at times but overall I don't find him that bad. He catches on the less heralded players like Purdy. Not saying he predicted this but he was telling everyone that he would make the team. 

We only had one practice with the rookies? Don't teams have at least two? Or was one of the practices not open to the media? 

The second this year was just media availability, interviews, etc. I think that's all that was scheduled this year for us

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Forge said:

The one thing I have seen come across the timeline is people being very nervous about Sorenson lol

He just seems really guarded in interviews with the media thus far. People are making a big deal out of nothing. Same with Wilkes, and being in the press box instead of being on the field.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Found the problem, boss

No idea how this guy started getting a following on niner Twitter

The only person I hate more than Larry is cohn. Complete bozos. Both guys have super inflated self worth. 

Haberman has been making videos with Larry recently. Gross. I hope they 

Larry was on KNBR previously so people think he has credibility. He's a bum. Went too far with rich Madrid a few weeks ago and then deleted tweets. Scumbag. Just a worthless sack of meat spewing nonsense.

The person I wish would make a big comeback is Dieter kurtenbach. He was by far and away the best 49ers analyst on the radio. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

He just seems really guarded in interviews with the media thus far. People are making a big deal out of nothing. Same with Wilkes, and being in the press box instead of being on the field.

Nick has very little media experience. He was a STer and replacement level LB who probably had very little interaction with the media, specifically with large press conferences. This was probably his first one ever. 

I am very confident in Nick. I think he is going to crush it. He and Staley are going to come up with some great game plans during the week and he's going to call a good defense on game days.

He's been around the league for a very long time. People don't realize it yet but he's super sharp. Definitely an intentional guy who is super genuine. I think the team will really take to him in the long run. 

Who cares if he doesn't give a good press conference in the first one he has ever done? Seriously, people just love to complain. 

We need to win a ring just to shut everyone up lol 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Dude has insane agility, sheesh we haven't had a WR with this kind of agility since Rice

He is certainly quick, but I worry about his ability to stay on route through light to medium contact.  

Watch how all the guys run it a little different.  They by week 3 of preseason they should all be running it like Young from Cal. 

It's a good drill, and I am sure he will light it up in 7 on 7, but I worry about the small receivers and large running backs finding the field.  Has Shanahan ever ran a base 3 WR offense?  I recall ATL using a good second tight end and FB a lot. 

Here is the whole drill.  

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

6 hours ago, N4L said:

The only person I hate more than Larry is cohn. Complete bozos. Both guys have super inflated self worth. 

Larry was on KNBR previously so people think he has credibility. He's a bum. Went too far with rich Madrid a few weeks ago and then deleted tweets. Scumbag. Just a worthless sack of meat spewing nonsense.

The person I wish would make a big comeback is Dieter kurtenbach. He was by far and away the best 49ers analyst on the radio. 

Cohn always gets the best practice footage though, which I find annoying.  

Larry is a radio voice.  It reminds people of the ole KNBR on the AM radio driving to the old stick.  The content is mostly AM radio witch hunt stuff.   I try not to give them the clickies, although sometimes Larry has guests that draw me in. I'm a degenerate.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, N4L said:

Cohn is exactly what's wrong with modern journalism, I'll leave it at that. And the people who follow him are some of the dumbest people I've interacted with regarding sports. It has definitely exposed me to a part of this fanbase I had no idea existed a year ago. I don't think other teams have this "content creator" issue the Niners seem to have... There are a bunch of these dudes. 

I really like Guy Haberman, he is measured and logical. Doesn't have too many "hot takes".  Larry is ok because he has so much volume that he'll have a good guest once in a while.  

I'm glad you mentioned Dieter. Him and Jake Hutchinson have a great podcast together on the 49ers:

They have good chemistry together and they know what they're talking about. Their podcasts leading up to the draft were gold. Jake even called the Pearsall pick before it happened, which was insane. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Nick has very little media experience. He was a STer and replacement level LB who probably had very little interaction with the media, specifically with large press conferences. This was probably his first one ever. 

I am very confident in Nick. I think he is going to crush it. He and Staley are going to come up with some great game plans during the week and he's going to call a good defense on game days.

He's been around the league for a very long time. People don't realize it yet but he's super sharp. Definitely an intentional guy who is super genuine. I think the team will really take to him in the long run. 

Who cares if he doesn't give a good press conference in the first one he has ever done? Seriously, people just love to complain. 

We need to win a ring just to shut everyone up lol 

I too think Nick and Staley will be great together. My main concern, however, is the defensive tackles. I'm not sold on Elliott, Collins, and Hargrave stopping the run at all. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Forge said:

The second this year was just media availability, interviews, etc. I think that's all that was scheduled this year for us

Yeah, but our practices were scheduled for May 10-11. The 9th was the media availability. I don't know, seems a little weird but maybe this is how it always is.

The OTAs are set to start in a week or so. We will get more reports on the rookies then I guess. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 12:31 AM, WhyAmIHere said:

Wanted to see how the OL held up during the playoffs, and I found these cool videos on youtube that show every one of Brock's dropbacks in those games:

I'll just say I can understand why they prioritized the interior OL.  Pleasantly surprised by McKivitz in these games, held up very well vs Hutchinson and Chris Jones especially...consistency is an issue though. Banks was ROUGH. 

McKivitzs problem is not that he is only a marginal pass blocker, he is an atrocious run blocker as well. The defense really only has to worry about runs to the left while he is on the field.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, but our practices were scheduled for May 10-11. The 9th was the media availability. I don't know, seems a little weird but maybe this is how it always is.

The OTAs are set to start in a week or so. We will get more reports on the rookies then I guess. 

Yeah, I am a sucker for the invasive practice videos Cohn and Lombardi post.  The practice stats are both interesting and meaningless.  For offseason tracking, if I have time to read articles, I usually try to find a consensus. 

Mustapha looks huge.  Pearsal looks quick.   

I am interested about a couple of things going into next year.  On offense, how much will the team use 3 WR, and how many plays can we rest CMC.  On Defense I wonder how much man coverage we will employ throughout the year, and whether we have man coverage personnel packages to work in. 

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420