2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

If i had to guess, we move some money around & sign a free agent DE & LB (Joey Bosa? Azeez Al-Shair?) and our first 5 picks are an OT, OG, DT, CB & WR.

Later round picks for depth would be a QB, RB, TE, LB 

Depending on salary, i think we tender Jennings, re-sign Allen, Woerner, Conley & Feliciano. 

I expect Bell, Beal, Winters, & Luter to have expanded roles in 2024. Brown already had an extended role. Lets see if Mason, Gray, Jackson, Womack get more playing time too

I don't expect any shakeups to our core until 2025 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

If i had to guess, we move some money around & sign a free agent DE & LB (Joey Bosa? Azeez Al-Shair?) and our first 5 picks are an OT, OG, DT, CB & WR.

Later round picks for depth would be a QB, RB, TE, LB 

Depending on salary, i think we tender Jennings, re-sign Allen, Woerner, Conley & Feliciano. 

I expect Bell, Beal, Winters, & Luter to have expanded roles in 2024. Brown already had an extended role. Lets see if Mason, Gray, Jackson, Womack get more playing time too

I don't expect any shakeups to our core until 2025 

I agree somewhat.

I really think BA gets traded if the front office feels him & his agent are too far apart in negations.

He's going to want Top 3 WR money and I'm not sure if Shanny and Lynch will view him in that way.

Don't know when in the off-season it would happen, but I could see this scenario playing out rather easily.

Edited by 757-NINER

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I agree somewhat.

I really think BA gets traded if the front office feels him & his agent are too far apart in negations.

He's going to want Top 3 WR money and I'm not sure if Shanny and Lynch will view him in that way.

Don't know when in the off-season it would happen, but I could see this scenario playing out rather easily.

Dean Winchester Supernatural Gif - IceGif

3 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Dean Winchester Supernatural Gif - IceGif

My thinking, and I totally get if I'm in the minority here, is that WRs not named Deebo will always be expendable in our offense somewhat.

I get that BA is the first true WR1 we've hit on at the position in quite some time.

And when you do hit on one, you don't want to see him leave. And not just as he's making his mark in the league.

But with a guy like Brock under center, I feel he'll make just about any WR with a similar skillset viable.

And I've been saying this as long as Shanny has been here, but I remain steadfast that he'll be able to coax production out of the position. For all of our faults as a passing offense, it's the one thing I will forever remain bullish on.

And if it comes down to a Deebo vs BA debate, I just think Deebo's uniqueness in this offense will be harder to replicate. He's more than just a WR, even if BA is twice the WR he is.

Not to mention his cap number will ultimately be lower and a better value, considering the market goes up every year.

Even if he doesn't stick around to fulfill the remainder of his contract.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

My thinking, and I totally get if I'm in the minority here, is that WRs not named Deebo will always be expendable in our offense somewhat.

I get that BA is the first true WR1 we've hit on at the position in quite some time.

And when you do hit on one, you don't want to see him leave. And not just as he's making his mark in the league.

But with a guy like Brock under center, I feel he'll make just about any WR with a similar skillset viable.

And I've been saying this as long as Shanny has been here, but I remain steadfast that he'll be able to coax production out of the position. For all of our faults as a passing offense, it's the one thing I will forever remain bullish on.

And if it comes down to a Deebo vs BA debate, I just think Deebo's uniqueness in this offense will be harder to replicate. He's more than just a WR, even if BA is twice the WR he is.

Not to mention his cap number will ultimately be lower and a better value, considering the market goes up every year.

Even if he doesn't stick around to fulfill the remainder of his contract.

I get this, EXCEPT: Deebo is already wearing down. He has not made it through a complete season since...'21? I believe it is actually time to replace HIM and perhaps see what we can get for him currently, ala Bill Walsh. 

JMO.

19 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I get this, EXCEPT: Deebo is already wearing down. He has not made it through a complete season since...'21? I believe it is actually time to replace HIM and perhaps see what we can get for him currently, ala Bill Walsh. 

JMO.

And I totally get that rationale.

And that very may well be the case.

But whose production would be harder to replicate, BA or Deebo?

Whose skillset is more readily replaceable, considering the nature of the position?

I never believed Deebo would finish out his contract here so that's not really a thing imo.

It's about getting the better value and right now trading BA should get you a bigger return than Deebo. And that's mainly because BA has a plug-n-play skillset in just about any offense. Deebo is more of a niche guy so his value will be lower, depending on the team.

That's my train of thought, anyway.

Edited by 757-NINER